• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im not sure how the security will work with that many heads of states and hundreds of WW2 reeanactors with guns in the streets. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Nightmare for security!!! If anything should go wrong, save the Queen Sylvain!!!

Not to mention all the tanks and other military vehicles that any reenactor can have.

I will save her!
    smiley_uk.gif

I wish I could meet her.She's actually a vet since she served in the Army during WW2.

large.jpg

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Not to mention all the tanks and other military vehicles that any reenactor can have.

I will save her!
    smiley_uk.gif

I wish I could meet her.She's actually a vet since she served in the Army during WW2.

large.jpg
    Yes she is, she would go on the radio every week and talk to the troops and to the people. I've always liked her!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I did not know this! Very interesting. I know the bloodlines between the French royals and British royals intertwined .

Yes England was part of Normandy for a while so the Duke of Normandy was also King of England.And now as the Queen she has this tile.She's "Duke" and not "Duchess" even though she's a woman because she didn't get the title from her husband.

You can tell England and Normany are linked by their coats of arms.
    The English ones (3lions) come from the Norman ones (2 lions on my avatar).

coatofarms.png

That period is very interesting and it's because the Normans ruled the English for a while that you have so many French words in the English language now.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yes England was part of Normandy for a while so the Duke of Normandy was also King of England.And now as the Queen she has this tile.She's "Duke" and not "Duchess" even though she's a woman because she didn't get the title from her husband.

You can tell England and Normany are linked by their coats of arms.
    The English ones (3lions) come from the Norman ones (2 lions on my avatar).

coatofarms.png

That period is very interesting and it's because the Normans ruled the English for a while that you have so many French words in the English language now.
    My head just exploded!!!!! So much knowledge, , Sylvain, the twerking history professor!! Very interesting Sylvain. My son would love this! He's really into the history of Europe. He knows quite a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom