Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If it was our group last year, thanks.
    Even if it wasn't, thanks.

I think we're around 3k, and last year we used 7.5k. If I remember Jedi's numbers right.

It was Jedi's group. We were happy to do and all you ammo flipping A$$ hats can kiss our collective buttocks.......Carpet bagging SOB's

I'm part of Jedi's group. NWI INGO. This is with the Indiana DNR, and one of the local gun shops.
    https://www.facebook.com/WinamacFamilyFunShootingRangeEvent
    564762_644964422239852_6149691807285122263_n.jpg

Know anyone from NWI? Send them this.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If it was our group last year, thanks.
    Even if it wasn't, thanks.

I think we're around 3k, and last year we used 7.5k. If I remember Jedi's numbers right.

Teaching kids to shoot is a good thing. I'll see what I can come up with for you.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Tried a new dough recipe tonight... Didn't come together for me - it was way too sticky then way too dry then way too sticky - was only adding a dash of this or that to compensate but every time it went wayyyy too far in the other direction :(.

I find it to seem rather dry when I mix it but then by the time it rests a half hour it is just right for rolling out. Only once did I have to add an extra egg and a bit more flour to get it right...I think I had smaller eggs on that batch. It really is one of those things that can try your patience sometimes.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's nothing special just eggs+flour and a pinch of salt. Next time I am going to do two things:
    1. Let the eggs get to room temp before I add them in.
    2. Add the eggs in much more slowly - I think I was just too impatient.

I could have recovered the dough by hand but it was doing no good in the mixer. Didn't feel like doing the work and since I was doing a small batch I just tossed it and will try again tomorrow :).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's nothing special just eggs+flour and a pinch of salt. Next time I am going to do two things:
    1. Let the eggs get to room temp before I add them in.
    2. Add the eggs in much more slowly - I think I was just too impatient.

I could have recovered the dough by hand but it was doing no good in the mixer. Didn't feel like doing the work and since I was doing a small batch I just tossed it and will try again tomorrow :).

It is an art......:)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It was Jedi's group. We were happy to do and all you ammo flipping A$$ hats can kiss our collective buttocks.......Carpet bagging SOB's

Easy Churchmouse, your soft spot is showing. :)

Lets just send the kids some boolits. I'll flip a couple of my Hemi Road Runners, and springers I've been saving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I spend a LOT of time hunting for 22.
    Besides what I use.
    I donate....

500 to Hoosier Burn Camp.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/342849-hoosier-burn-camp-needs-your-help.html
    (people come from all over, not just NWI)

1,000 to the Youth Day shoot
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ac-nwi-ingo-youth-day-sat-21-june-2014-a.html

And 4,000 to 6,000 to Boy Scout Troop 41.

I am at the edge on my stash. I have a lot of kids and woman to teach this summer. The requests are rolling in. G-daughter/nieces/nephews/SIL's/and gramma wants to go along (wifes mom) and I think there is just enough for the summer.
    If I had not allready obligated myself to this I would throw in some more this year.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Hey CM, did you see Chezuki's post last night proving me correct about suppressing a Nagant?

The Nagant revolvers were designed to be supressed. I saw one at NFA day and it was pretty damn quiet!

The Nagant M1895 Revolver is a seven-shot, gas-seal revolver designed and produced by Belgian industrialist Léon Nagant for the Russian Empire. The Nagant M1895 was chambered for a proprietary cartridge, 7.62×38mmR, and featured an unusual "gas-seal" system, in which the cylinder moved forward when the gun was cocked, to close the gap between the cylinder and the barrel, providing a boost to the muzzle velocity of the fired projectile and allowing the weapon to be suppressed (an unusual ability for a revolver).[3] Other Nagant revolver designs were also adopted by police and military services of Sweden (7.5mm M1887), Norway (M1893), Poland, and Greece (Περίστροφον M1895). These revolvers were largely similar to the Russian Nagant M1895, but lacked the gas seal mechanism.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Easy Churchmouse, your soft spot is showing. :)

Lets just send the kids some boolits. I'll flip a couple of my Hemi Road Runners, and springers I've been saving.

Well, yeah. I have had a few words with those who take advantage for profit and thrown a shoulder in here and there when racing to the stocked ammo shelves. I just do not care for those who ruin a hobby for their own gain. when profit is gone they move on to ruin something else. I have experienced this with Harley's and muscle cars. Now guns and ammo. Gets old quick.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CM, did you see Chezuki's post last night proving me correct about suppressing a Nagant?

I agree you can do the pistols. It was the rifles we were freaking out about. My only thought was you will get some escaping gases (noise) from the cylinder/barrel fit. Buddy has a suppressed 38 Sp. and it will pop occasionally especially with the resistance of the can.

I see the Nagant has solved that issue.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Well, yeah. I have had a few words with those who take advantage for profit and thrown a shoulder in here and there when racing to the stocked ammo shelves. I just do not care for those who ruin a hobby for their own gain. when profit is gone they move on to ruin something else. I have experienced this with Harley's and muscle cars. Now guns and ammo. Gets old quick.
    I refuse to accept the premise that higher priced 22 is "ruining" the shooting hobby. A bulk pack of 22 off of the flippers for fifty or sixty bucks is still the cheapest caliber to shoot. I find it hard to believe that the future of the second amendment and passing on our shooting heritage isn't worth another $30 to a lot of people. :twocents:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am at the edge on my stash. I have a lot of kids and woman to teach this summer. The requests are rolling in. G-daughter/nieces/nephews/SIL's/and gramma wants to go along (wifes mom) and I think there is just enough for the summer.
    If I had not allready obligated myself to this I would throw in some more this year.

Relax. Not shaking you down.
    Once again, thanks for the donations last year.

I refuse to accept the premise that higher priced 22 is "ruining" the shooting hobby. A bulk pack of 22 off of the flippers for fifty or sixty bucks is still the cheapest caliber to shoot. I find it hard to believe that the future of the second amendment and passing on our shooting heritage isn't worth another $30 to a lot of people. :twocents:

Ammo flippers may not be "ruining" it.
    But, try to come up with donations of 500 + 1,000 + 5,000.
    Try to do it, limited to purchases of 100 or so at a time.
    Try to do it, not working at a gun store where you can see the ammo come in.

The people I blame though, are the ones buying the ammo from the flippers.
    If they wouldn't buy it,
    the flippers wouldn't buy it.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Relax. Not shaking you down.
    Once again, thanks for the donations last year.

Ammo flippers may not be "ruining" it.
    But, try to come up with donations of 500 + 1,000 + 5,000.
    Try to do it, limited to purchases of 100 or so at a time.
    Try to do it, not working at a gun store where you can see the ammo come in.

The people I blame though, are the ones buying the ammo from the flippers.
    If they wouldn't buy it,
    the flippers wouldn't buy it.

It's not hard to get 22 now. I could have 5,000 rounds in a week if I bought it on INGO and Hoosier Topics. It would be twice its regular price, but that shouldn't stop youth from shooting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is "But"....(yes, always a "But)....there are those with budgets that just do not have the room for this increase. Youth groups that burn through 7.5K in a season. That is a lot of extra $30 bucks to absorb. I paid premium...(not $50 a brick) for some of what I have in the safe. I promised to teach and I will do exactly that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom