• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Been pondering what the hell im doing to my truck next. Bushings, u joint. Steering stabilizer. Meh. I need to crawl under it with 4 tubes of grease.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I feel ya. My tires just broke the bank.damn priorities.

Same here. The motor seized? Oh no big deal I'll just buy a new one! The steering column finally went to hell? Sure I'll track down the most elusive impossible to find steering column in the world and pay $200 to have it shipped from Florida!

I'm such a sucker

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I just spent 2 grand on my car because I am that in love with it. I don't want to do anything else to it for a long while

Just today I paid out $440 for a new headlight switch for the volvo so we can drive at night...

I feel ya. My tires just broke the bank.damn priorities.

To be fair, you didn't have to buy THOSE tires...you could've gone with el cheapos...

Same here. The motor seized? Oh no big deal I'll just buy a new one! The steering column finally went to hell? Sure I'll track down the most elusive impossible to find steering column in the world and pay $200 to have it shipped from Florida!

I'm such a sucker

Your steering column isn't serviceable?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Your steering column isn't serviceable?

Nope. Rivieras are notorious for the steering column just completely breaking internally. No one makes an aftermarket one and a lot of the ones that you find in junkyard and such have the dreaded "Riviera wobble"....a sure sign that it's going to just give out at some point. They are incredibly hard to find and NO ONE will repair them. Not even dealerships. The parts just don't exist. I did have a good one but it's in my other Riviera....and I kind of need it

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Nope. Rivieras are notorious for the steering column just completely breaking internally. No one makes an aftermarket one and a lot of the ones that you find in junkyard and such have the dreaded "Riviera wobble"....a sure sign that it's going to just give out at some point. They are incredibly hard to find and NO ONE will repair them. Not even dealerships. The parts just don't exist. I did have a good one but it's in my other Riviera....and I kind of need it

I see...if transmission ever goes in the volvo, I'm crushing the damn car.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I see...if transmission ever goes in the volvo, I'm crushing the damn car.

My tranny is acting up a little bit. From a stop that first shift is just fine (sometimes a little hard) but then it gets weird. I can't figure out if it's just skipping a gear altogether or just waiting a really long time. It could be as simple as a filter or a shift sensor. The fluid looks great so I don't know. I need to take it into the shop and have it checked out. Those people either love me or hate me I'm there so often with my car. I guess I need to take it in anyway since one of the guys who works there was telling me I need to just retire my car because it's "falling apart". He hated the column wobble (it was BAD!!!!). I wanna rub it in his face that I fixed it :):

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My tranny is acting up a little bit. From a stop that first shift is just fine (sometimes a little hard) but then it gets weird. I can't figure out if it's just skipping a gear altogether or just waiting a really long time. It could be as simple as a filter or a shift sensor. The fluid looks great so I don't know. I need to take it into the shop and have it checked out. Those people either love me or hate me I'm there so often with my car. I guess I need to take it in anyway since one of the guys who works there was telling me I need to just retire my car because it's "falling apart". He hated the column wobble (it was BAD!!!!). I wanna rub it in his face that I fixed it :):

Yea, you will want a pro to look at that...volvo dealer told me it would cost me $6k for a re-manufactured transmission for my xc70, I would probably get two used xc70's for that price...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom