mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good man! Does he have the automotive stethoscope with him too? There's a tool that comes in handy, sometimes!:D
    Also, odds are with that Chevy being an '89, it is fuel injected. Good lookin truck! Hope it works out for you.

Got it!! We found a few bargaining points, but it is in GREAT condition overall. Offered $5500 and they took it. Turns out it is a dentist that has a HUGE private collection of cars, boats, etc. He is selling some of them to make room for others. There was a beautiful 62 corvette sitting there....we had fun just wandering around checking things out. They wouldn't sell me the red olds 442 that they had to move to get the suburban out for us. Two of his employees met us at the warehouse and showed us the truck and then they had to go get someone to sign the title, etc. Interesting day.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Congrats Mom45

Thanks. She sure is pretty. I think he's going to replace the radiator. He was concerned at first cause it was very low when we checked it, but it ran great when we started it (after they put some antifreeze in it and brought the level up. It looks somewhat corroded so he's thinking he will just replace it. We parked it in the garage where we will be able to tell if it leaks on the floor at all. Thermostat was sticking a little, but the truck has been sitting since about August. There are a few things he wants to do before we start driving it so I'll let him have his fun and will drive the other truck until he says it's okay to use. It is a very solid truck and the motor runs strong with no knocking, ticking, etc. Shifts nice and smooth, overdrive works. Radio works. Has a cassette player so I'll have to dig out all my tapes!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Thanks. She sure is pretty. I think he's going to replace the radiator. He was concerned at first cause it was very low when we checked it, but it ran great when we started it (after they put some antifreeze in it and brought the level up. It looks somewhat corroded so he's thinking he will just replace it. We parked it in the garage where we will be able to tell if it leaks on the floor at all. Thermostat was sticking a little, but the truck has been sitting since about August. There are a few things he wants to do before we start driving it so I'll let him have his fun and will drive the other truck until he says it's okay to use. It is a very solid truck and the motor runs strong with no knocking, ticking, etc. Shifts nice and smooth, overdrive works. Radio works. Has a cassette player so I'll have to dig out all my tapes!
    What's a cassette player?

:rofl:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    From the Facebook:

ddc2e2b5c970a6e7adad0763b255469c.jpg

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I've heard of this "8 track" thingy, but have never had the privilege of using one...

You really didn't miss anything. 3 songs to a track, four tracks to a tape. You couldn't listen to a song a 2nd time until you fast forwarded through the other 2 on the track.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom