• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Wow. That's ridiculous. I'd drop everything to go help my mom if something happened to her
    I was in Pennsylvania [had just got there 4 hours prior, drove 10 hours to get there] and my mom fell and was in the hospital and I dropped what I was doing and drove 10 hours back home that day...

Some people...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My neighbor fell again today! I called his daughter and she said she doesn't have time to come up and help him. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Guess I've just adopted a Viet nam veteran!! I feel for this guy! Shame our leaders give billions away to worthless pieces of crap, but our heroes are left to fend for themselves!

It used to be that family looked out for family. Now, we have to help our neighbors because so many have family that just don't seem to care.

Good for you SD for stepping in and helping him when you can.

I missed the big 10K! I decided to do some cleanup on my computer and ran the defrag...took a while. All this shopping on a bajillion used car sites seems to be plugging up the works a bit! All clean now and much faster!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Skulldaddy to start ya off I have a cushioned chair glider and ottoman you can give to him
    We furnished his house last week for him, there's a place in Hobart where you get furniture at really low prices! The proceeds go for drug and alcohol addiction. He really needs a nurse to check in on him. I'm not here alot, I might go down and see if I can get someone to check in on him every now and then.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We furnished his house last week for him, there's a place in Hobart where you get furniture at really low prices! The proceeds go for drug and alcohol addiction. He really needs a nurse to check in on him. I'm not here alot, I might go down and see if I can get someone to check in on him every now and then.[/

Do they have Meals on Wheels or anything like that where you are? If you do and can sign him up, that would at least provide him with some sort of daily (or at least almost daily) contact where someone is checking on him. The Council on Aging provides here. You could also check at the county to see if they have a Veteran's service officer that might be able to hook him up with some help. Our county has one but I'm not sure what services they help with. I believe they help with medical benefits and such.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good afternoon Ma'am! Hows it going today?

My son wants a different car and he is hooked on the old one he has that is rusting out. Do you know how hard it is to find a mid-80's Crown Vic or Grand Marquis in good shape? I've got one that has been listed on Craigslist and routinely updated as still available but they don't respond to texts or emails so far. I had another that was in mint condition that looked fabulous...they finally responded that it sold on Friday. I have a couple of emails out there. I might have to drive to Florida to get one! LOL!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    We furnished his house last week for him, there's a place in Hobart where you get furniture at really low prices! The proceeds go for drug and alcohol addiction. He really needs a nurse to check in on him. I'm not here alot, I might go down and see if I can get someone to check in on him every now and then.[/

Do they have Meals on Wheels or anything like that where you are? If you do and can sign him up, that would at least provide him with some sort of daily (or at least almost daily) contact where someone is checking on him. The Council on Aging provides here. You could also check at the county to see if they have a Veteran's service officer that might be able to hook him up with some help. Our county has one but I'm not sure what services they help with. I believe they help with medical benefits and such.
    I'm going to make some phone calls now, I'm thinking there's a veteran service close by. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! BBL!!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    My son wants a different car and he is hooked on the old one he has that is rusting out. Do you know how hard it is to find a mid-80's Crown Vic or Grand Marquis in good shape? I've got one that has been listed on Craigslist and routinely updated as still available but they don't respond to texts or emails so far. I had another that was in mint condition that looked fabulous...they finally responded that it sold on Friday. I have a couple of emails out there. I might have to drive to Florida to get one! LOL!
    Send the son?:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom