• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    oh trust me, we don't see eye to eye on just about everything. My FIL is a sawed off little jack ass, and my MIL puts on the pleasant little old church lady act when she's around. Drives me nuts, I'd like them a lot better if they just acted like normal people, but their opinion of me went even lower when I had to take a job picking up trash because construction work was so slow. They really hold high opinions of themselves...

ok. so construction is slow and you take a job collecting trash. An honest days work, to take care of your wife, their daughter. And they think less of you? biggots

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    every time it thunders, the cat we rescued last summer at the camp ground meows in his sleep. I think he's having nightmares or something.

That damn thing has my heart and glad he found us

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    ok. so construction is slow and you take a job collecting trash. An honest days work, to take care of your wife, their daughter. And they think less of you? biggots
    Well, in their defense they never liked me very much to begin with! Their daughter does though, she moved from Michigan to here to marry me:D she's quite a gal!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's… well, kinda strange church :tinfoil:

OI know right. 1st thing to mind was my sawed off super jack-a$$ self important old man. Mom fit the description perfectly and also self important. They did not care for me because I was not a UAW card carrying union worker......Ugh

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well, in their defense they never liked me very much to begin with! Their daughter does though, she moved from Michigan to here to marry me:D she's quite a gal!

You took their baby my friend. Your day is coming.....:)

he beat me to it

my baby moved back north for a man, but I like the guy despite it. He got her to move north, knocked her up, bought her a house, a newer car and gave her a beautiful daughter.
    Yeah I still like him a little bit

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    OI know right. 1st thing to mind was my sawed off super jack-a$$ self important old man. Mom fit the description perfectly and also self important. They did not care for me because I was not a UAW card carrying union worker......Ugh
    Well I was a card carrying union carpenter… to be completely honest I used to vote democrat. I have since seen the error of my ways. They just don't think I'm good enough for their daughter I guess? Oh well, as long as the wife's happy, I'm happy. I don't live my life to get approval from others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    he beat me to it

my baby moved back north for a man, but I like the guy despite it. He got her to move north, knocked her up, bought her a house, a newer car and gave her a beautiful daughter.
    Yeah I still like him a little bit

I call my daughters significant other my SIL but they are not married yet. She had a bad (I mean seriously bad) relationship and was with child when she met this young man. He took her under his wing and we now have the twins as well. He works hard, pays the bills and takes good care and loves them all. I am not sure if they will ever get married. My son is the same way......marriage is not something they strive for.....:dunno:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    You took their baby my friend. Your day is coming.....:)
    I know, I know. But it's more than that, they think they are sophisticated. He makes fun of the hilly billies around here, wearing shirts with no sleeves and listening to country music. I'm like really? It's hot out and I like country music?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I was a card carrying union carpenter… to be completely honest I used to vote democrat. I have since seen the error of my ways. They just don't think I'm good enough for their daughter I guess? Oh well, as long as the wife's happy, I'm happy. I don't live my life to get approval from others.

Retired card carrying union pipe fitter. Out of the local 440 from 88 until work crashed in January 09. Started sub-contracting and never looked back. Pulling my pension and SS as we speak. Dad just never saw my trade as a real job.....:dunno:
    I have doen scrapping/washed cars and any other thing I could when times were slow. Have always kept the lights burning and food on the table.

Rock on Frosty....rock on.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I woke up way to early and this day is going to suck bad before it's done.

I woke up, felt refreshed so I rolled over to grab my glasses, glanced at the clock and it said 4:06.. I was like no way in hell. Tried to fall back to sleep. It wasn't happening.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know, I know. But it's more than that, they think they are sophisticated. He makes fun of the hilly billies around here, wearing shirts with no sleeves and listening to country music. I'm like really? It's hot out and I like country music?

Yup.....my Dad to a "T"

Funny thing....his people are a bunch from right in you area. Greencastle country folk tried and true. I have a lot of folks out your way....lots.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Retired card carrying union pipe fitter. Out of the local 440 from 88 until work crashed in January 09. Started sub-contracting and never looked back. Pulling my pension and SS as we speak. Dad just never saw my trade as a real job.....:dunno:
    I have doen scrapping/washed cars and any other thing I could when times were slow. Have always kept the lights burning and food on the table.

Rock on Frosty....rock on.
    and that is what's important.

have a good day frosty

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I woke up way to early and this day is going to suck bad before it's done.

I woke up, felt refreshed so I rolled over to grab my glasses, glanced at the clock and it said 4:06.. I was like no way in hell. Tried to fall back to sleep. It wasn't happening.

Thunder jolted me up around 4:30.....No sleepy for me.....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom