Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We should be getting a hail storm this spring with the crazy weather we've had this winter...wait and see if the insurance will cover it :dunno:

Hoping. They may only cover a percentage due to the age of the roof. We put it on when my buddy owned the house in 1998. I told him we needed to flash the gutters then but time/money/enthusiasm were lacking on his part.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sucks, lack of time/money/enthusiasm creates some GREAT work...

Yeah. That part of the property was a self standing Garage at one point. I helped mu buddy build onto the house in 97 and put it all under roof. He used it as a shop for his bass boat and such. When we bought the house I finished off the area and made it living space. Forgot about the flashing issue until yesterday.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    My roof is done as well. The gravel gets loose after years of sun shine. The crazy birds peck away at it to swallow the small stones for the digestive process. They have pecked away a but load of areas that are now naked. Roof for sure this year.
    We set out there in the mornings (weather permitting) with BB and pellet rifles. We have smoked several dozen of the destructive winged terrorists but their numbers are legion.

Can I bring my bb gun?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We used to pick birds off the power lines with pellet guns in high school...not the best use of our time, but we were young and dumb.

My son saved and bought a pellet riffle when he was 12. Benjamin Sheridan pump .22 with a peep sight. Still have it but it has lost some power over the years. I came home from work one day and he had a pile of birds 25 deep. All head shots.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My son saved and bought a pellet riffle when he was 12. Benjamin Sheridan pump .22 with a peep sight. Still have it but it has lost some power over the years. I came home from work one day and he had a pile of birds 25 deep. All head shots.

We hid them from my parents, threw them in the trees by the train tracks behind the house...ended up causing a family of racoons to move in under the barn...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom