• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Nope...no door open. I think he's balancing his tire, but it cracked me up when I heard it start up.
    Hmm...

I always put my wheel on a balancing rig [basically a bar with two cones that sits on some roller bearings] to balance. Just turn it and stop it and see where it settles [heaviest point settles to the bottom]. Then I lightly stick some weight to the other side and repeat - I continue until I can position the wheel at any angle and it will not spin on it's own :).

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hmm...

I always put my wheel on a balancing rig [basically a bar with two cones that sits on some roller bearings] to balance. Just turn it and stop it and see where it settles [heaviest point settles to the bottom]. Then I lightly stick some weight to the other side and repeat - I continue until I can position the wheel at any angle and it will not spin on it's own :).

I think he did that first but just wanted to see if it was balanced once he got it on the bike. He called the dealer to see what they charge to balance and decided $25 was too much. It's not running now so he either decided it is good, crashed into something or ???? who knows. If he's done, I need to break something or find another project for him...he's stir crazy and driving me crazy with him.

I gotta go figure out what to do with some chicken thighs for dinner. BBL

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I went to the airport today. They have a mountain of snow. They had big track hoes on top of it working. Not sure if they are trucking it out or stacking it higher. If they leave it there, it will be May before it melts.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I went to the airport today. They have a mountain of snow. They had big track hoes on top of it working. Not sure if they are trucking it out or stacking it higher. If they leave it there, it will be May before it melts.
    Moving it out here, takes up parking spaces. And no airport, just factory parking lots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom