Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    No. I'm simply underemployed. It's not the time of year for educators to be hired. The poor economy is also causing many districts to eliminate teachers, so jobs are hard to come by.

Ah yes. My wife is a teacher but she got lucky, got a maternity leave position to finish out the year where she did her student teaching, then they offered her her own classroom for the next school year.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Ah yes. My wife is a teacher but she got lucky, got a maternity leave position to finish out the year where she did her student teaching, then they offered her her own classroom for the next school year.
    My problem is that I have no desire to stay in Terre Haute, which is where I student taught and have connections. I either want to teach in a nice place like Avon, a rural location, or Florida if the previous two don't happen.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My problem is that I have no desire to stay in Terre Haute, which is where I student taught and have connections. I either want to teach in a nice place like Avon, a rural location, or Florida if the previous two don't happen.

Male teachers are usually in high demand, or so I've heard...at least around here. She teaches in Lawrence which is where she wanted to be since we both grew up around here and went to Lawrence schools.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    At the end of the school year there is usually something open up where I work. I can keep you informed of what's open if you want

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm licensed to teach social studies, history, government, geography, economics, and sociology at both the middle and high school levels.

If only I could make that my career.

Go to the Bahamas or Virgin Islands or something and work for a resort...they have SCUBA lessons, or so I've heard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom