• Status
    Not open for further replies.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Are all-terrain tires decent in snow/ice/rain or do they suffer due to being all-terrain?

Looking for something a little more aggressive.
    AT are generally better for traction in snow/ice/rain than MT, due to additional siping in the tread. I prefer BF Goodrich AT-TKO, myself. Always had good luck with em.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I prefer my money in nuggets
    How much is a once of chicken nuggets going for now days?
    and mike ive heard blizzaks are really nice for the winter. no first hand experience though
    I'm not sure what I have on my wife's jeep! But those suckers hum like crazy on dry pavement!

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Regardless of his opinion on guns, I don't find death amusing. Clearly he struggled with addiction, but he also had a family.
    Some are able to recover from their addictions, but I find no joy in those who aren't.

with the mount of glassine bags he had I dont think he struggled; the one eating 20 hot dogs an hour for a fix is struggling

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I'm not sure what I have on my wife's jeep! But those suckers hum like crazy on dry pavement!
    If the tires hum loudly (especially at highway speed), they're probably Mud Terrain. I had a set of Wrangler MT's on an old Ramcharger. Would make your ears ring after a while.:laugh:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I have heard the Michelin AT's are better traction-wise in the snow but they also seem to be more expensive.
    I can't say if they are any better or not (never used Michelin truck tires). They are usually more pricey though. I like the BFG TKO because they have a reinforced edge next to the tire rim. The thicker edge saved my tires more than once while off-roading.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    AT are generally better for traction in snow/ice/rain than MT, due to additional siping in the tread. I prefer BF Goodrich AT-TKO, myself. Always had good luck with em.

I disagree...my mud terrain tires got me everywhere I needed to go. Ice, snow, didn't stop me...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I can't say if they are any better or not (never used Michelin truck tires). They are usually more pricey though. I like the BFG TKO because they have a reinforced edge next to the tire rim. The thicker edge saved my tires more than once while off-roading.
    Interesting - I don't see any good way to compare that without seeing both in person.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...2014&autoModel=Tundra 4wd&autoModClar=CrewMax is what I am also looking at. Will look at the TKO and see if I can get them in the right size so I can compare.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Interesting - I don't see any good way to compare that without seeing both in person.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...2014&autoModel=Tundra 4wd&autoModClar=CrewMax is what I am also looking at. Will look at the TKO and see if I can get them in the right size so I can compare.
    Take into consideration the specs & the reviews, also. They may help with your decision. The Goodyears look decent (don't know much on that model). Comparison between Wrangler & TKO, I had better performance with the BFG's.

I guess you could say I'm kinda biased.:laugh: (see what I did there)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Not seeing TKO in a stock size for my wheel size. Have to go a little bigger which I could do but I'd definitely have to recalibrate my speedometer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom