Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ouch, make my body ache and my wallet scream.

Ran over the rear wheels of the 2 cars in front of me as the hole closed up.....launched my car straight into the air. Flashes of light, tweety bird sylvester and the martian floating around in my head then I woke up.....thought I was batman....:):

took 3 weeks to fix the car.

I love racing.....:-)

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Ran over the rear wheels of the 2 cars in front of me as the hole closed up.....launched my car straight into the air. Flashes of light, tweety bird sylvester and the martian floating around in my head then I woke up.....thought I was batman....:):

took 3 weeks to fix the car.

I love racing.....:-)
    As I said, ouch both ways.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I'll 2nd that

In 1975, a group of guys were drag racing out in the country. Had a group of bystanders watching. A drunk driver came thru there and hit 2 spectators, running over their legs. Stopped and backed up to see what he hit, and ran over them again. I was never the same on racing after that.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi guys! I had to ditch the groundhog Jagee...he let me down!

CT2 - Remembered after I asked that you were over east of us. There is a big confined feeding operation that was recently approved by the BZA near Winamac. We have a big one here in Starke County, and I am glad I don't live close to it.

We had meetings this morning and I never even turned the computer on until after lunch today. Sun is shining and it is about 20, but the snow is coming. I saw 6 to 10 inches for Tomorrow/Wednesday and another foot or more for the weekend. I'm not sure where we are going to pile it all. Caught up on my reading I think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In 1975, a group of guys were drag racing out in the country. Had a group of bystanders watching. A drunk driver came thru there and hit 2 spectators, running over their legs. Stopped and backed up to see what he hit, and ran over them again. I was never the same on racing after that.

I can see this souring your views. Have to remember it was the drunk that did the damage.
    Also remember that an organized event is so much safer at least for the spectators. Well, for the most part anyway.

Back in my street racing days I have seen more than a few get off road/upside down or just run into each other. When I lost a good friend to a street racing collision (motor cycles) I pushed every one to take it out to Raceway Park on Tuesday and Wed. night for the grudge races. Do it on the dragstrip.....not the street.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

I grew up in Randolph County, I remember hearing about that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hi guys! I had to ditch the groundhog Jagee...he let me down!

CT2 - Remembered after I asked that you were over east of us. There is a big confined feeding operation that was recently approved by the BZA near Winamac. We have a big one here in Starke County, and I am glad I don't live close to it.

We had meetings this morning and I never even turned the computer on until after lunch today. Sun is shining and it is about 20, but the snow is coming. I saw 6 to 10 inches for Tomorrow/Wednesday and another foot or more for the weekend. I'm not sure where we are going to pile it all. Caught up on my reading I think.

Can not get a straight answer on what Indy will get.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I can see this souring your views. Have to remember it was the drunk that did the damage.
    Also remember that an organized event is so much safer at least for the spectators. Well, for the most part anyway.

Back in my street racing days I have seen more than a few get off road/upside down or just run into each other. When I lost a good friend to a street racing collision (motor cycles) I pushed every one to take it out to Raceway Park on Tuesday and Wed. night for the grudge races. Do it on the dragstrip.....not the street.
    The spectators were drunk also. Everybody had a part to play in this one.
    A lot of the kids just quit doing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom