Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Melensdad: if they sang in it heavily accented English it would have gone over better.

That's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. But I guess I'd better be careful, or I'll be labeled a liberal again. This has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with having tolerance and an open mind.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    So you are a "Native American" then?

If not then I'm willing to bet that somewhere down your family tree was an immigrant who came to this land with his hat full of dreams and empty pockets.

I'm the son of an immigrant who remembers when we used to call America the "melting pot" of the world because the greatness of this nation came from the diversity of all nationalities coming together and embracing the freedoms and responsibilities that were offered to us. The "melting pot" phrase was a symbol of pride for this nation and its restated differently on the Statue of Liberty inscription: Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore...

I've had a fortunate life, I was able to go behind the Iron Curtain when the USSR still existed and had a stranglehold over much of Europe. I know what our forefathers fled to get to this land because I was able to see oppression first hand.

That commercial celebrated the diversity that makes the USA the greatest nation on God's green earth by showing that we can come from adversity and diversity and become one. They were singing "America the Beautiful" to celebrate this nation.

Now if you want an un-patriotic commercial, take another look at Bob Dylan's Chrysler 200 commercial. That was all about claiming that Chrysler is an American car company, with cars built by Americans, but Obama GAVE Chrysler away to the Italian company FIAT and it cost us taxpayers (regardless of which country we immigrated here from) BILLIONS OF TAX DOLLAR$ so that we could have a has-been folk singer lie to us, while Italian engines are installed in Jeeps, and while profits from the sales of your mom's mini-van could be shipped to Italy.

Quit being "disturbed" by a Coke commercial that complimented this nation's strength and go learn some history about this country.

Big AMEN bro.
    Some people don't realize we all came from immigrants. Just because you were born here doesn't mean your ancestors were.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom