Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have to do the shopping with the wife anymore. She is so easily distracted by shiny stuff......:):

She just NEEDS to get a new dress or outfit every time we do something out of our normal routine...I'll wear the same clothes until they literally fall off of me cuz they are so worn out.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If I were to get on my to do list and not stop I would be going until June I think. This winter has slowed everything down.

There is plenty to do for me at home, but I'm stuck at the office 'til 5...and when I get home I don't feel like organizing all the crap in the garage

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She just NEEDS to get a new dress or outfit every time we do something out of our normal routine...I'll wear the same clothes until they literally fall off of me cuz they are so worn out.

Me too. I have tennis shoes that are over 10 years old.
    She has to have a new coat for every season. This fall I made her give about 20 pairs of shoes and boots to the goodwill before she could get any new ones. I think she has 50 pairs of foot wear all totaled.
    Everything I buy has a value that can be partially re-couped if need be. I have and will sell off things if the need arises. Not much of a market for shoes/coats/outfits......:)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Me too. I have tennis shoes that are over 10 years old.
    She has to have a new coat for every season. This fall I made her give about 20 pairs of shoes and boots to the goodwill before she could get any new ones. I think she has 50 pairs of foot wear all totaled.
    Everything I buy has a value that can be partially re-couped if need be. I have and will sell off things if the need arises. Not much of a market for shoes/coats/outfits......:)

Exactly! If times get tough I can sell the bike(s) or gun(s) and make a couple payments on whatever we need...those 'perfect' shoes that were worn twice, not so much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have to let them do this. It is what makes them happy inside for some weird woman way of thinking. For everything my wife has made possible for me I will make her as happy as my currant testosterone level allows.
    When I was turning my Springer around for the 3rd time I invested well in excess of $12,000 in it over 1 winter. She just smiled and kept bringing me beers and sammies.....:)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    That is awesome! If I was spending $12k in a winter it better be on a luxurious vacation or something for us both or there is no beer/sammich in my future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is awesome! If I was spending $12k in a winter it better be on a luxurious vacation or something for us both or there is no beer/sammich in my future.

I was blessed with a wife that made six figures for 15 years. I was a union service tech and I had my shop as an income stream and several other sources including a butt load of rental property's.
    We did not buy a huge house in a gated community but we sent the kids to private schools, enjoyed boating, riding, shooting, racing and wonderful vacations. With all that we actually saved some money so the thieves in suits had something to steal from our 401-K's and annuity's.....:)

We spent the money. Had a great life and no regrets as we are both retired now.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I was blessed with a wife that made six figures for 15 years. I was a union service tech and I had my shop as an income stream and several other sources including a butt load of rental property's.
    We did not buy a huge house in a gated community but we sent the kids to private schools, enjoyed boating, riding, shooting, racing and wonderful vacations. With all that we actually saved some money so the thieves in suits had something to steal from our 401-K's and annuity's.....:)

We spent the money. Had a great life and no regrets as we are both retired now.

Sounds like fun. My wife is a kindergarten teacher, she SHOULD be making 6 figures with the crap she puts up with, but we all know that won't be happening anytime soon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like fun. My wife is a kindergarten teacher, she SHOULD be making 6 figures with the crap she puts up with, but we all know that won't be happening anytime soon.

If she is a good one the rewards will come.

Yeah, more work than I can describe but worth every minute and every dime we spent. When we sold out the bikes and race cars there was some return on our money but as with any hobby/passion, only about half.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If she is a good one the rewards will come.

Yeah, more work than I can describe but worth every minute and every dime we spent. When we sold out the bikes and race cars there was some return on our money but as with any hobby/passion, only about half.

She's a good one! ...and we're still in our 20's, already have a house, 2 cars, 2 bikes, and just a little but of student load debt. We're doing just fine. Life is good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom