Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In sub-zero temp conditions a weak battery will freeze solid. Put a charger on it is it is weak and you may bye some time unless it has iced over already. Once frozen they are crap.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Even an interstate will die in these temps if you grind it down and leave it flat or near flat.
    I agree, one doesn't want to take one down that far. Some folks don't understand that if it don't start in 10 sec., you may have a problem. I loaded up on "Heet" before this all hit, that helps also.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree, one doesn't want to take one down that far. Some folks don't understand that if it don't start in 10 sec., you may have a problem. I loaded up on "Heet" before this all hit, that helps also.
    We ran all the vehicles last night for s while to top off the battery's. Knew it would be a challenging morning.
    When we started all the vehicles this morning at -14 we turned the key to the on position. Waited about 30 seconds to let everything wake up. Hit the starter and engines caught right off.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    We ran all the vehicles last night for s while to top off the battery's. Knew it would be a challenging morning.
    When we started all the vehicles this morning at -14 we turned the key to the on position. Waited about 30 seconds to let everything wake up. Hit the starter and engines caught right off.
    I've been auto starting mine from the house every 5 hours or so and let it run 10 minutes. I know I have a low battery but it is turning over and starting up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom