Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yep, me too.

Know how long it will be out? That's a bummer.
    Called the power company all they could say is that they have 5,700+ customers without power and some power outages will be prolonged and to stay safe. In other words - boned.

Have a dried out christmas tree on the back porch I can burn in the fireplace. About to step out and cut it up before heading to Lowes/Menards if open to see what I can find.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Called the power company all they could say is that they have 5,700+ customers without power and some power outages will be prolonged and to stay safe. In other words - boned.

Have a dried out christmas tree on the back porch I can burn in the fireplace. About to step out and cut it up before heading to Lowes/Menards if open to see what I can find.
    Good luck, genneys are like .22 ammo this time of the year.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    My son is helping a friend go dig out someone in need. I'm not too happy about it because its a little ways away but its hard to get mad at him for that. Of course he got all upset when I demanded details about exactly where they were going, what they were doing and what route they were taking. Too bad. Tell me anyway.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    How can they enforce this?
    Can the police arrest you if they stop you and you tell them you're just driving around the block for no reason?:dunno:
    If there is a snow emergency, they have the power to do this. It just compounds the problem. Their trying to plow snow, and some idiot is stuck in the middle of the road, or worse. When there's this much snow, and it's this cold, people don't really need to be out unless it's an emergency. Hence snow emergency.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Emergency travel only. Your case, emergency.

x2...I told my wife if we lose power here in little nashville, we're treking 15 miles to my parents house. At least they have gas and kerosene heaters to keep warm. Not having heat, especially in this sub zero weather, I do not know of any cops that's going to bust your chops for taking your family to a place to keep warm.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If there is a snow emergency, they have the power to do this. It just compounds the problem. Their trying to plow snow, and some idiot is stuck in the middle of the road, or worse. When there's this much snow, and it's this cold, people don't really need to be out unless it's an emergency. Hence snow emergency.

I get that.Im just wondering who judges if the reason why someone is out is an emergency.
    What if im out of coffee and bacon? :faint:

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I'm not happy about my wife running folks home from work after she gets off, but I can't stop her either. Besides, the old folks need fresh people to take care of them. I told her if anyone gives her crap about being on the roads to show her name badge that she's an RN, and that the old folks need her. Hopefully folks would understand.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    x2...I told my wife if we lose power here in little nashville, we're treking 15 miles to my parents house. At least they have gas and kerosene heaters to keep warm. Not having heat, especially in this sub zero weather, I do not know of any cops that's going to bust your chops for taking your family to a place to keep warm.
    :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom