• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Glad things went well, but how are you feeling?

I'm doing pretty good. The painkillers defiantly help. Considering what was done, I'm surprised how good I look. I don't have any bruising or swelling other than on my lip. I used a plastic surgeon from Carmel. In my opinion, he was quite skilled to operate on my nose without causing swelling, bruising, or black eyes. My nose is still bleeding heavily 10 hours after the surgery, but it is slowing down a little.

I have to be at work at 8am tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how the combination of pain killers, standing on my feet all day, and stupid customers turn out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    JD,
    When I had to have some serious surgery done to my snot box it was in the days of stone knives and axes. Circa 1972 or so. My entire head swelled up, face was black and blue' eyes swollen shut. that way for days. Pain was tremendous and not Vicodin's to be had. Morphing etc.
    You are lucky you can even see.
    Glad you are doing so well.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I think I would have taken a few days off.

KhcYoU9.jpg

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    JD,
    When I had to have some serious surgery done to my snot box it was in the days of stone knives and axes. Circa 1972 or so. My entire head swelled up, face was black and blue' eyes swollen shut. that way for days. Pain was tremendous and not Vicodin's to be had. Morphing etc.
    You are lucky you can even see.
    Glad you are doing so well.

Was that the same era when children walked uphill in the snow both ways to school?

I'm glad it went so well. Technology and minimally invasive procedures are great. I'm a big baby, so I probably couldn't have handled surgery back in "your day."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was that the same era when children walked uphill in the snow both ways to school?

I'm glad it went so well. Technology and minimally invasive procedures are great. I'm a big baby, so I probably couldn't have handled surgery back in "your day."

Why yes...yes it was. Thank you for asking (wise A$$.....:)) Not my days....I like these days thank you.

Very little outpatient either. I had to stay 2 nights and mostly due to the Damned ether they used to knock me out.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I had to go to an ENT a few weeks back and he asked me if I knew my nose was crooked. I said "with three brothers and the times we drank fifths of tequila doing shots then fought each other like warriors I would have to say I'd be surprised if it wasn't"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had to go to an ENT a few weeks back and he asked me if I knew my nose was crooked. I said "with three brothers and the times we drank fifths of tequila doing shots then fought each other like warriors I would have to say I'd be surprised if it wasn't"

Ah yes. The good old days.

You still airborn??

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Howdy all...been gone all day. Went to the neighbors and then took my daughter and went to visit my parents. She was planning to go and I was a little concerned about her driving 45 miles each way in her old car in this weather so offered to go with her and drive. It was windy and snow was blowing everywhere but had no problems getting there or back. Temp hit 20 but wind chill was -6.

Gluemanz - Not sure what route you are taking back to the Elkhart area but be aware that the 20 bypass is shut down between state road 2 and 23 indefinitely due to blowing snow. LaPorte County is bad everywhere...lots of roads closed with no travel allowed. INDOT has a facebook page for Northwestern Indiana if you do Facebook and they post frequent updates and respond to questions about road conditions if you need to check on the route you plan to take. It is brutal out there with more snow tonight and tomorrow...up to 8 inches for us. Winds are about 40 mph so it is drifting. Be safe!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom