MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    that does suck cm

-5 according to local fox news

the reason to go is 2 hours is just a delay and to the best of my knowledge does not need made up

missing a day needs made up

there is a method there

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The funny thing is when I sleep I only use one blanket and turn the heat down to 63. I use fleece blankets for the top and bottom sheet.

My wife spoils us with fleece as well. Thing is she stacks on the covers. Several layers of thing summer covers with a comforter on top. She burrows in deep. I get so toasty I start shedding about 3:00.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    My wife spoils us with fleece as well. Thing is she stacks on the covers. Several layers of thing summer covers with a comforter on top. She burrows in deep. I get so toasty I start shedding about 3:00.

That's why I don't have many blankets. Gets to hot. 3 cats might have something to do with that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wouldn't know. Everything I have is old school pilot lights.

My unit is a 20 yr. old 90 plus. I installed it when a friend lived here before I bought the house from him. Been a good unit, no real complaints. Last 2 years it will trip out occasionally. Usually in the night. This winter it has become more of an issue. Being a service tech by trade you would think I could figure this out. Cycled it 20 times yesterday and watched it, checked everything and :dunno:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    My unit is a 20 yr. old 90 plus. I installed it when a friend lived here before I bought the house from him. Been a good unit, no real complaints. Last 2 years it will trip out occasionally. Usually in the night. This winter it has become more of an issue. Being a service tech by trade you would think I could figure this out. Cycled it 20 times yesterday and watched it, checked everything and :dunno:

It's old and tied, like us it just cant run all day anymore. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I remember the days when You had to go to school. It didn't matter if the busses couldn't run, if you lived in town you went.

no buses for the boy

he's going, just 2 hours late. to far to walk too. I think it's close to 4 miles to the school. I'll look at the odometer today

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember the days when You had to go to school. It didn't matter if the busses couldn't run, if you lived in town you went.

I was relating this to my kids yesterday. I graduated in 1968. We did not have the winter gear available these days. No special clothing. Walked just under a mile to school...home for lunch no matter what the weather. I had 1 snow day in grade school and 1 in High school as memory serves.

A delay......:dunno:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    no buses for the boy

he's going, just 2 hours late. to far to walk too. I think it's close to 4 miles to the school. I'll look at the odometer today

That is too far. Culver schools closed today for some reason. We have busses that pick students up for the public school who live in town.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was relating this to my kids yesterday. I graduated in 1968. We did not have the winter gear available these days. No special clothing. Walked just under a mile to school...home for lunch no matter what the weather. I had 1 snow day in grade school and 1 in High school as memory serves.

:wow:

you're an old man

just kidding

but seriously you are.

those were the days you used the brain in your head instead of relying on everyone else to do tell you what to

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

They probably didn't believe you. That's what we did. If the kids or teachers in the country couldn't make it no one worried. I remember in junior high going to school and there were only a handful of teachers and students that could make it. They just lumped everyone together and did some learning but mostly it was gym or reading time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom