• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I used to live in IL and we had this old gas station that went out of business, of course by law they had to remove the underground tank after so long of being unused. Somehow in the process of the guys removing the tank, it exploded. We lived 4 miles from this said gas station, even so, we heard the loud boom from inside the house and made the windows rattle a bit.

I've never heard anything like it.
    The gas explosion in the neighborhood on the south side shook my whole house a few miles away [moved since then].

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I used to live in IL and we had this old gas station that went out of business, of course by law they had to remove the underground tank after so long of being unused. Somehow in the process of the guys removing the tank, it exploded. We lived 4 miles from this said gas station, even so, we heard the loud boom from inside the house and made the windows rattle a bit.

I've never heard anything like it.

I live about 5 miles from where that house exploded in the Richmond Hills subdivision a few years ago. I was actually just getting my kids in the car after picking them up from the sitter and the blast almost knocked my on my butt. It was wicked.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I live about 5 miles from where that house exploded in the Richmond Hills subdivision a few years ago. I was actually just getting my kids in the car after picking them up from the sitter and the blast almost knocked my on my butt. It was wicked.
    I was about 3 miles away and was in my basement - the whole house shook like it was an earthquake. That's the explosion I was referring to in my post before this one.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

Yea, never underestimate sizable explosions...

As the case with that old gas stations in IL, all the workers in the area removing the tank went to the hospital and an awfully lot of windows were blown out in the area

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom