Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess this is the first time I have ever not had someone or some thing depending on me. It's kinda nice to be free. Then again it kinda sucks. I keep going back and forth.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I guess this is the first time I have ever not had someone or some thing depending on me. It's kinda nice to be free. Then again it kinda sucks. I keep going back and forth.

I understand that.
    when the hubby and I had the boy it was agreed I would not work so I could always be here for him. Over the past ten years I have primarily stayed home. I love being home, but I don't feel like I am pulling my share. So now I have a job that caters to the school schedule, I love working, but I miss my free time.
    different but I understand

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The person who stays at home has the toughest job. Sometimes when you have a family going to work is the easy part.

agreed, I talked to the walls a lot, or the dogs, or cats. he always told me, me being home keeps him from worrying about stuff that needs done here, no worrying about the boy. That makes it easy for him to go to work without worry. to him that is pulling my share. he still doesn't really want me working although he says I am happier now and it is working out

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess I am an old-fashioned chauvinist. I always liked it when the other person did not work. It was nice always having someone to come home to. Well, the idea is nice. The reality wasn't always so great.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I guess I am an old-fashioned chauvinist. I always liked it when the other person did not work. It was nice always having someone to come home to. Well, the idea is nice. The reality wasn't always so great.

I wouldn't call that chauvinist. old fashioned yes. Not a darn thing wrong with that though

I remember Mom staying home with us, didn't get a job until we were all in school all day

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well, it didn't work out either time for me. One ex-wife and one ex-fiancee.

it's tough staying home, not that it isn't a good idea, my problem was hubby works second shift, would sleep most of the morning. get up in time to go to work and I have sat here all day unable to do anything because I have to be quiet so he can sleep. I got bored easy.

morning chez. I didn't have to call off. They called me last night

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    before the hubby went to bed he said he was a bit disappointed that we didn't lose power. Looked at him like he was crazy, then he opened his mouth and proved it was so. He wanted to test out our cold weather stuff, see if it would keep up. told him we could just shut the house off and check it that way. duh

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    had to go find my slippers and a jacket. I got chilly and the old joints are talking to me. Wish they would listen when I talk back

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom