• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yup! Most bosses suck! How long ya been at Pizza Hut?

About a year. Only been running the store for about 8 months. I got hired in by the big big boss to manage, but the store manager at the store they stuck me in decided she needed a driver instead. Yeah...she was a winner. I ended up driving for 4 months or so, then shuffled to another store because she didn't have time to train me. A few months later she decided she wanted me back. Um....hell no. Crazy b****

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    About a year. Only been running the store for about 8 months. I got hired in by the big big boss to manage, but the store manager at the store they stuck me in decided she needed a driver instead. Yeah...she was a winner. I ended up driving for 4 months or so, then shuffled to another store because she didn't have time to train me. A few months later she decided she wanted me back. Um....hell no. Crazy b****
    So your a manager now?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Once you get a little more experience under your belt, apply for a managers job at a darden restaurant. When my wife was a general manager they paid her well into 6 figures. Trips to Italy, all over the country!

Nice. Yeah I'm not wanting to make a career at Pizza Hut. We're franchise owned and there's really nowhere to go in the company. Honestly. Management doesn't make crap for money. Even our regional manager doesn't make jack for what he should be making. I have 5 years of management experience prior to this but not in the restaurant business.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Nice. Yeah I'm not wanting to make a career at Pizza Hut. We're franchise owned and there's really nowhere to go in the company. Honestly. Management doesn't make crap for money. Even our regional manager doesn't make jack for what he should be making. I have 5 years of management experience prior to this but not in the restaurant business.
    My wife started off as a waitress. The Former President of Red Lobster Dave Pickens was a dishwasher. They will move you up. And if your good, move you up fast!!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My wife started off as a waitress. The Former President of Red Lobster Dave Pickens was a dishwasher. They will move you up. And if your good, move you up fast!!

That's awesome. At my franchise there are literally 5 people above me. The top three aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It's stupid. There's really nowhere to go and even if there was it isn't worth the money

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That's awesome. At my franchise there are literally 5 people above me. The top three aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It's stupid. There's really nowhere to go and even if there was it isn't worth the money
    I'm kinda stuck where I'm at also. Money is good, but I've been doing this for 30 yrs. I didn't have a good start. Got thrown out of high school. Not a great thing to do. But ya gotta make the most of what ya have! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed by no means. But I am a persistent ****er!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm kinda stuck where I'm at also. Money is good, but I've been doing this for 30 yrs. I didn't have a good start. Got thrown out of high school. Not a great thing to do. But ya gotta make the most of what ya have! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed by no means. But I am a persistent ****er!

My problem is that the things I'm REALLY good at...well they aren't really "in demand" skills. Need a horse trained to be bombproof? Give me a ring. Need a carriage wheel repaired? Gotcha. I've done a lot of different things in my life but am not really an expert at any one thing. I've done everything from restaurant work to warehouse to janitorial and to office work to microfilming (yes they still do that), but I'm not what you would call "super experienced" in anything. I learn really quickly and have never had a job I couldn't do. I can pick up anything really fast....but jobs are hard to come by. Why would someone hire me when they can hire the "sure thing" who has previous experience?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My problem is that the things I'm REALLY good at...well they aren't really "in demand" skills. Need a horse trained to be bombproof? Give me a ring. Need a carriage wheel repaired? Gotcha. I've done a lot of different things in my life but am not really an expert at any one thing. I've done everything from restaurant work to warehouse to janitorial and to office work to microfilming (yes they still do that), but I'm not what you would call "super experienced" in anything. I learn really quickly and have never had a job I couldn't do. I can pick up anything really fast....but jobs are hard to come by. Why would someone hire me when they can hire the "sure thing" who has previous experience?
    There just not in demand in Indy. Have you tried getting a Linkin account online? Alot of people I know, including my brother recently got offers thru Linkin. Just make an account and let people see what your skills are. Maybe someone in Texas night be looking to hire a experience horse trainer. If they can't find ya, they can't hire ya!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There just not in demand in Indy. Have you tried getting a Linkin account online? Alot of people I know, including my brother recently got offers thru Linkin. Just make an account and let people see what your skills are. Maybe someone in Texas night be looking to hire a experience horse trainer. If they can't find ya, they can't hire ya!

That's true. I haven't really thought of that

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That's true. I haven't really thought of that
    By what ya told me already, your a good worker who learns quickly and you have a proven track record! Sounds like ya need a little faith in yourself, get yourself out there and I bet someone's looking for what you have to offer.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom