• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here's a good size comparison for you. No, those people are NOT midgets. And no that is not my horse...although he is gorgeous

734502_623828370996128_1627997440_n.jpg

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    WOW! **** that!:runaway:

That's what I ride and drive. Makes all the other horses look like dogs :laugh:

Really though, they're some of the best tempered horses out there. The big ones are so laid back. Kinda like dogs. A lot of the little yappers tend to freak out over everything and be higher strung and the big ones couldn't care less about anything

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Now what are horses that sized used for? Almost looks like a Clydesdale!

It's a Percheron and you're right. Those, Clydesdales, Belgians, Shires, and a lot of others are all draft horses and all about the same size. They're used for work...and then work some more. Need a plow horse? You want a draft. Need a horse to haul something heavy? Draft. They're primarily used for driving and pulling things, but you can ride them too. I can tell you from experience it's somewhat like straddling a blimp. They're not built for speed so you won't win any races on one. They're built for massive amounts of strength. And they sure do have it. It's awful fun to be out riding trails somewhere though and see the looks on peoples' faces when you come trotting by them a good two to three feet higher than they are

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    It's a Percheron and you're right. Those, Clydesdales, Belgians, Shires, and a lot of others are all draft horses and all about the same size. They're used for work...and then work some more. Need a plow horse? You want a draft. Need a horse to haul something heavy? Draft. They're primarily used for driving and pulling things, but you can ride them too. I can tell you from experience it's somewhat like straddling a blimp. They're not built for speed so you won't win any races on one. They're built for massive amounts of strength. And they sure do have it. It's awful fun to be out riding trails somewhere though and see the looks on peoples' faces when you come trotting by them a good two to three feet higher than they are
    Sounds like you really know your horses! I lived in Hobart where Shilo Arabian Farms was located. Wayne Newton would come up and buy all his horses there. they went out of business awhile ago. Now it's just empty fields.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you really know your horses! I lived in Hobart where Shilo Arabian Farms was located. Wayne Newton would come up and buy all his horses there. they went out of business awhile ago. Now it's just empty fields.

Horses are a huge part of my life. They have been since I was born. I didn't start dealing with drafts until 10 or 15 years ago but once I started I was in love

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I've really done it now. Phone drop down into my floorboard and got water in the charging port. I'm on it now but my I have a feeling that my gun fun just went up in smoke.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    yeah it happened this morning I dropped it in a baggie full of rice. I believe there is residue still left on the VGA cable that is causing my screen issues so before I take it in and come up with some sort of story about how it broke I'll probably take it apart and see if I can't clean the connectors.
    let it dry out before you charge it again

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom