Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've gotten some good deals on Birks that were barely worn. $100 shoes for $15-20, spray them with Lysol, and GTG. But $65 for some that are half-beat when you can get them new for the same price?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I got a great pair of like-new Timberland work boots at Goodwill for $4.00.

My wife and daughter love shopping at Goodwill. I just have a bit of an issue putting on shoes or clothes that have been worn by unknown people. Not because I'm too good for it, but because it creeps me out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My wife and daughter love shopping at Goodwill. I just have a bit of an issue putting on shoes or clothes that have been worn by unknown people. Not because I'm too good for it, but because it creeps me out.

I grew up wearing hand-me-downs that were given to my mom by family friends, so it doesn't bother me. The only time I got a new outfit was the first day of school.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    After I get some food in me I really need to get the snow off my driveway and sidewalk. Not looking forward to that at all but a hot shower after will feel nice.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    One of my neighbors must have snowblowed my driveway. I went out to shovel this morning and it had been cleared. I don't even know who did it, but bless them.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Hats, socks, underwear, and shoes I can't wear second hand. Shirts, pants, and jackets I don't mind.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I grew up wearing hand-me-downs that were given to my mom by family friends, so it doesn't bother me. The only time I got a new outfit was the first day of school.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm just weird about it. I was the oldest so it was always my stuff getting handed down. Guess I never got used to it.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Any shoes might be a bit strong. I've paid more for a good pair of boots many times. Unless you just mean any USED shoes, then I completely agree.

Excluding boots. I pay good money for them, especially when I gotta have comfortable boots to work long hours in. I did buy an expensive pair of birkenstocks once, most expensive pair of shows I have ever bought at $260. That is justified by breaking down that cost over an 8 years span, makes it $32.50 a year. I pay more then that for my new balance...

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    One of my neighbors must have snowblowed my driveway. I went out to shovel this morning and it had been cleared. I don't even know who did it, but bless them.

In my neighborhood, I'm the creepy guy known for loading his car up with guns and taking 4 or 5 trips to do it...people tend to stay out of my yard. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom