• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Cool, didn't think it would go through 2 doors, ​since the 1911 is an obsolete weapons platform and everything!!!
    I think 4 out of 10 went through. Those that went through looked like they only hit sheet metal/plastic. We found some slugs that weren't deformed with the exception of the tip. They looked more like a FMJ .40

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think 4 out of 10 went through. Those that went through looked like they only hit sheet metal/plastic. We found some slugs that weren't deformed with the exception of the tip. They looked more like a FMJ .40

A freight train (.45 ACP) fired from an obsolete platform (1911) will do a lot of damage. We have beaten a piece of steel plate into a con-cave shape with this obsolete round.......:)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I know CM, I just enjoy parroting the fan boys that think the 1911 is too old school. I even own one myself, although I carry 9mm.

Only have one 1911 and it's a Korean War bring back.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hey Guys, battery is completely dead on the wifes minivan, it hasn't been started in months. How long do you think I should keep it running after jumping it to recharge the battery.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like it to getting hit by Dick Butkus in his prime.

We did this experiment to put an end to the 9mm is the best rd. controversy among our group. We used a 3/16ths" thick piece of cold rolled standard steel. I walked it out 25 paces and mounted it. We shoot 9mm/40/45 ACP and finished off with .223 and 5.56 steel core in that order checking the plate for damage after 50 rounds of each caliber.
    The 9mm barely made a mark as to it's contact points. The 40 made a nice little dent the exact size of the rounds nose. The 45 pounded the steel into a con-cave shape. Not deep but obvious. The .223 made serious dents but no penitration. The steel core 5.56 made nice blow holes in the plate.....30 fired....30 holes.

We no longer get the snarky comments from thoe who buy a gun because it is cheap to shoot....but it, shoot it, enjoy it.

Long post for this thread***,Might get banned....:)

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Hey Guys, battery is completely dead on the wifes minivan, it hasn't been started in months. How long do you think I should keep it running after jumping it to recharge the battery.

1/2 hour should be enough to get it charged good enough for future starts, if the battery is in good shape.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Drive it. Get it warm and put some miles on it to get the oils warm and back up into the engine. Never let a vehicle set very long especially in the cold.
    Also put some fresh gas in it.......:)

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We did this experiment to put an end to the 9mm is the best rd. controversy among our group. We used a 3/16ths" thick piece of cold rolled standard steel. I walked it out 25 paces and mounted it. We shoot 9mm/40/45 ACP and finished off with .223 and 5.56 steel core in that order checking the plate for damage after 50 rounds of each caliber.
    The 9mm barely made a mark as to it's contact points. The 40 made a nice little dent the exact size of the rounds nose. The 45 pounded the steel into a con-cave shape. Not deep but obvious. The .223 made serious dents but no penitration. The steel core 5.56 made nice blow holes in the plate.....30 fired....30 holes.

We no longer get the snarky comments from thoe who buy a gun because it is cheap to shoot....but it, shoot it, enjoy it.

Long post for this thread***,Might get banned....:)

:)

I'll do more testing on the van later but didn't want to do it yesterday. I think next up is a 12g hollow point and some 00 buckshot.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Drive it. Get it warm and put some miles on it to get the oils warm and back up into the engine. Never let a vehicle set very long especially in the cold.
    Also put some fresh gas in it.......:)

I ruined a nice car by doing that. Let it sit out back for 6 months, the weeds grew up around it and the sub frame (or whatever you call it) rusted out. They rear axle rusted away from the frame on the drivers side so it was kind of free floating.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    1/2 hour should be enough to get it charged good enough for future starts, if the battery is in good shape.

Battery was new last Christmas, must have a dome light left on or something. That's what I was thinking, 30 minutes.

It's an old POS van we just keep to haul stuff, hardly ever gets used anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom