• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Very relaxing day Biscuit. Looking forward to the leftover dinner.
    Did you get all moved?
    We sure did. Everything from the apartment was placed in the garage before the 23rd so the last few days we spent bringing it all inside and placing in the rooms. All the necessities are unpacked, the dogs are feeling at home, and we're just starting to wind down.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We sure did. Everything from the apartment was placed in the garage before the 23rd so the last few days we spent bringing it all inside and placing in the rooms. All the necessities are unpacked, the dogs are feeling at home, and we're just starting to wind down.
    We have lived in this house for 22 years. There may be a few boxes in the basement we still haven't done anything with... I am guessing we could have lived without whatever is in them...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    We have lived in this house for 22 years. There may be a few boxes in the basement we still haven't done anything with... I am guessing we could have lived without whatever is in them...

We have lived here over 6 years and the wife has dozens of boxes in the attic and basement that haven't been touched, many of them have labels from when she moved from Seattle to the midwest 12 years ago.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Even with a mover it is a trying stressful job.
    I wouldn't have been able to move all of the furniture myself and, like I told the movers, I was glad they were there.

We did all the boxes and smaller things ourselves. The beds, couches, book shelves, coffee tables, and night stands we paid to have moved. That saved us a lot of money.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    When we packed up stuff for our last move [1 month ago] we packed a lot of stuff about a month early and it sat in boxes in our garage... Our garage was **full** of boxes that we didn't touch for a month and not once did I go, 'Where is XYZ I really need it!'

I tried to explain to the wife that we could likely discard whatever was sitting in the garage and have less to move but that didn't fly... Now I have a pile of boxes in the basement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom