• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The woman spent ~20 minutes looking at at a 10/22 and asking me all kinds of questions about the gun. She was going to buy it as a gift for her kid. She was horribly rude and condescending the entire conversation. She declared that she "would think about it while she bought some other stuff" and walked off. Five minutes after she left a guy came in looking for a .22 as a gift. I recommended the exact gun she was looking at earlier. He bought it. She came back in another 10-20 minutes and got very upset when she learned that I sold the gun. Apparently I was supposed to hold the gun indefinitely while she weighed her options. :dunno:

After telling me that I ruined Christmas she stormed off.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The woman spent ~20 minutes looking at at a 10/22 and asking me all kinds of questions about the gun. She was going to buy it as a gift for her kid. She was horribly rude and condescending the entire conversation. She declared that she "would think about it while she bought some other stuff" and walked off. Five minutes after she left a guy came in looking for a .22 as a gift. I recommended the exact gun she was looking at earlier. He bought it. She came back in another 10-20 minutes and got very upset when she learned that I sold the gun. Apparently I was supposed to hold the gun indefinitely while she weighed her options. :dunno:

Some people have such unrealistic expectations... I'm willing to bet she's one of those, 'The customer is always right - I'm your god and I pay your salary - you should do what I think you should do whether or not I say it while worshiping the ground I walk on all the while anything I do that is bad is automatically your fault,' types.

I'm willing to bet if you told her, as she said she would think about it, "This is the only one we have left and it's a popular model. It may not be here by the time you get done thinking," she would still find some way to blame you for selling it to somebody else.

I don't plan on selling guns forever. As soon as I get a job in the field that my degree is in, I'm out of there. :runaway:
    What's your degree?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

:nono: Don't buy into that :poop: Well, little "Billy" didn't get his gun. Good, prbly isn't ready for one anyway, now that I have meet his mother. Now you know why I'm not in sales.

Really sounds like a good idea CT2. Have no idea how pay compairs.

I don't plan on selling guns forever. As soon as I get a job in the field that my degree is in, I'm out of there. :runaway:
    :yesway:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    What's your degree?

Education. I'm licensed to teach social studies, government, geography, economics, history, and sociology.
    :nono: Don't buy into that :poop: Well, little "Billy" didn't get his gun. Good, prbly isn't ready for one anyway, now that I have meet his mother. Now you know why I'm not in sales.

If I talked to people that way I would feel much better, but I'd also be unemployed. :D

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Education. I'm licensed to teach social studies, government, geography, economics, history, and sociology.

If I talked to people that way I would feel much better, but I'd also be unemployed. :D
    I know, sad, but true. Hope you can work this out.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

Now, wouldn't that be a hoot if the guy that bought it as a gift was her husband? :lmfao: Dad 1, Mom 0

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom