• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Good plan, stuff like that should stay in the family.

She also gave me a double barrelled shotgun that had been grandpa's. One of my other uncles had it for a while and his wife took the hammers off of it and then lost them or threw them away. So now I get to do some research and try to find some. It will then be a mantle piece.

I've got all sorts of research to do now from this trip over there, lol. It was nice to hear my aunt say that my uncle was proud of me when he was alive. And that she was sure he'd be glad and proud that I'm showing this kind of interest in keeping around these family heirlooms. I'm kinda sentimental like that, but hey someone's gotta be. He was like a second dad to me.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Good morning everyone!! I just got given some ammo and other gun stuff that had been my uncle's before he passed away. And I found out my aunt wants to sell his .357 mag. I'm gonna find out the value then save up to buy it myself. I wanna keep it in the family!

She also gave me a double barrelled shotgun that had been grandpa's. One of my other uncles had it for a while and his wife took the hammers off of it and then lost them or threw them away. So now I get to do some research and try to find some. It will then be a mantle piece.

I've got all sorts of research to do now from this trip over there, lol. It was nice to hear my aunt say that my uncle was proud of me when he was alive. And that she was sure he'd be glad and proud that I'm showing this kind of interest in keeping around these family heirlooms. I'm kinda sentimental like that, but hey someone's gotta be. He was like a second dad to me.

That awesome news. I am surprised that she didn't give you the .357 since you got all the rest. Best of luck in buying it. Family heirlooms are priceless because of the memories that come with them.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    That awesome news. I am surprised that she didn't give you the .357 since you got all the rest. Best of luck in buying it. Family heirlooms are priceless because of the memories that come with them.

I had already been given one of his shotguns previously. My cousin has most of his rifles and his nicer shotgun. She was wanting to find the value to sell it cause she needs the money. I told her I'd find the value, and pay a bit above that just so it would stay in the family. So far checking on gunbroker I can't find one that is the exact same style. It was hard to read the model number. Its a Taurus, looks just like the model 669 just has vent rib over the barrel that the 669 does not. And the 689 I saw had the vent rib but not the same grips like the 669 had. So I've gotta figure this one out, plus the value of another .38 he had.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm good... If I don't answer my phone it's because I don't recognize the #. Leave me a message and I will call you back if I know you... how hard is that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom