Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been told you might know a thing or two about RIA 1911s. Any comments one way or the other?

If that is what your budget will allow you then it is OK to start there.
    These are a crap shoot. You have a 50/50 chance of getting a really great one. You can also get a really crap one.
    Do not buy a used one. From what I have seen recently you can buy new for the same money and get the warr. no questions asked. I understand they are decent enough at repairing them.

For just a bit more you can get into a Springfield or a Ruger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just looked and there is one (RIA) in the classifieds. Basic model....$500.00

For $200 more I can hook you up with a Springer Loaded that has went through the Springfiels custom shop and runs like a machine.

I would not normally do this but anything to get someone into 1911's on the right track.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    If that is what your budget will allow you then it is OK to start there.
    These are a crap shoot. You have a 50/50 chance of getting a really great one. You can also get a really crap one.
    Do not buy a used one. From what I have seen recently you can buy new for the same money and get the warr. no questions asked. I understand they are decent enough at repairing them.

For just a bit more you can get into a Springfield or a Ruger.

I just looked and there is one (RIA) in the classifieds. Basic model....$500.00

For $200 more I can hook you up with a Springer Loaded that has went through the Springfiels custom shop and runs like a machine.

I would not normally do this but anything to get someone into 1911's on the right track.

I ask because I found one out in the depths of the interwebz for $330 shipped. That's darn close to the top of my budget for a "fun gun" right now while I'm still in school. Is it worth pulling the trigger and taking a chance at that price point?

Your offer has me drooling, though! :drool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I ask because I found one out in the depths of the interwebz for $330 shipped. That's darn close to the top of my budget for a "fun gun" right now while I'm still in school. Is it worth pulling the trigger and taking a chance at that price point?

Your offer has me drooling, though! :drool:

I would be a bit leery of a really used one. They are not the toughest guns for longevity. Jet girl claims (ans I believe her) several thousand rds. through hers but it is showing some wear around the edges.
    Those guns are OK for carry and HD but to run them hard usually causes issues.

I would save a bit more and find one you can actually look at and make sure it is a player not junk. Cheap pieces off the interwebs make me shiver with fear. JMHO of course.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I would be a bit leery of a really used one. They are not the toughest guns for longevity. Jet girl claims (ans I believe her) several thousand rds. through hers but it is showing some wear around the edges.
    Those guns are OK for carry and HD but to run them hard usually causes issues.

I would save a bit more and find one you can actually look at and make sure it is a player not junk. Cheap pieces off the interwebs make me shiver with fear. JMHO of course.

It's advertised as new from Bud's, but I've never dealt with them. Any 1911 I get now or in the future will be purely for toying around with. If you think saving up a while for a nicer one is worth it, I think I can control myself enough to do that :D. A crappy gun sucks even just for having fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's advertised as new from Bud's, but I've never dealt with them. Any 1911 I get now or in the future will be purely for toying around with. If you think saving up a while for a nicer one is worth it, I think I can control myself enough to do that :D. A crappy gun sucks even just for having fun.

Is this directly from Buds or someone saying t is new from buds and un-fired.......:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just looked at Buds site. They sure do have them for $329.00 NIB. After you tax/ship and transfer it you will be north of $400.

Some one needs to tell the dummy in the classifieds his RIA (used) is not worth $500.......:)

Not me but somebody. Maybe send him a link.

If you can get one of those and you are tight on the budget then go for it. If it gives you any crap bring it over with a 12 pack and we will set it right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom