• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yeah, you never know. Your in our prayers Supr!!

Haven't seen you in awhile, wife & kids doing okay??

Thanks for asking. Everybody is just fine. My daughter is planning a wedding for this summer. I've just had a bit on my mind lately so I haven't been on here much.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Supr, I feel you. I was told just before Thanksgiving that on or by Dec. 20 I would most likely be offered "voluntary" early retirement. (Voluntary meaning if you choose not to accept the offer, you leave anyway with nothing.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I feel like somebody just took a big saw to my career. They've been discussing cuts at work for months without giving us any real details. Just found out this week that they want to cut two positions from my five person department. The whole division is subject to cuts so they decided the best way to do that is to pit us all against one another by making us all reapply for our jobs. Kinda feels like a giant cage fight. Great for morale. Oh yeah...they plan to make all the announcements about our jobs on December 26th. Merry Christmas.

I know that has to hurt.

Not to be mean or anything but this is why I bailed and retired before I was really ready. Owners/Management is totally heartless anymore. Has been going this way since our economy went "Global"

You and yours are in our prayers as well.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've got a long way to go before my retirement is worth anything. I'd like to stick it out if I can. I'll just have to wait and see how things work out but I may have some serious decisions to make when I know more. I'll make the best decisions I can, then I'll move on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom