Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wow, I'm getting a workout. Processing some .223 brass I bought off an INGO'er last summer and this must be the dreaded "machine Gun brass" I have heard about. It's really big and taking a lot of effort to resize. I'm gonna have a Popeye muscle on my right arm and none on my left.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I sold off all my oddball calibers last year and stuck with what I had the most of, then bought the stuff to reload those sizes.

Well, excepting .22lr, can't reload that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed! Did you have to make the base, flue, etc?

Most all of the flu pieces are on the shelf at Manards. The box attached to the ceiling as well. We had to modify some things as the roof/ceiling was a bear to get done but hey, great weather.

The flue and all the bits beyond the stove ran about $400. Included all the triple wall pipe and roof pieces.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I have brass of every kind... Im brass thief... If I look down at the range and there is brass at my feet I shove it in my pocket. I also police all my brass and any brass that is around that isnt mine... lol

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have brass of every kind... Im brass thief... If I look down at the range and there is brass at my feet I shove it in my pocket. I also police all my brass and any brass that is around that isnt mine... lol

Sort it and save it. Come March, Profire will have their reloading swap meet and you can sell it if it is sorted. 9mm & 40 will bring .04 each, .45 is .05 each, .223 is 7 or 8 cents and .308 is a dime.

I do the same thing, made about $50 at the last meet just on range brass in sizes I couldn't use.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    One of these days I will prob pick up some .38spl dies and start doing those, but I only have one .38 and only use it during the summer. Don't really shoot it enough to justify buying the dies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom