• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    With the cooler weather I still like to carry my Glock 19. Summer time not so much. With lite weights I'm more likely to carry.

Is a mailman like a watched pot?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    With the cooler weather I still like to carry my Glock 19. Summer time not so much. With lite weights I'm more likely to carry.

Is a mailman like a watched pot?

Yep, like Shadow said earlier, if all he had was bills, he would have been here by 10. Since I am expecting a check, it will be later today.
    As long as it gets into the bank before closing, I'm golden.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    My summer carry is the same as my spring, fall and winter carry. Either PPQ or the HK P30L. If I have a social function and need to get spiffed up I carry my stainless steel FNX40 :)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Plus, the check I am expecting is a big one. It's my expense check from a couple of weeks ago when I traveled to Wisc, Minn & South Dakota. Lots of miles and hotel nights on that trip, need to get that money back in the bank.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Hi db, having a good day?

Now that I am off work I am! I wrapped some oar handles in Kevlar this morning (epoxied the Kevlar on the shaft). That stuff is tough. 2 cuts 6 inches long and your utility knife blade is dull. I only have 60 more oars to go. :laugh:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My summer carry is the same as my spring, fall and winter carry. Either PPQ or the HK P30L. If I have a social function and need to get spiffed up I carry my stainless steel FNX40 :)

You need a Bar-B-Q gun DB, one of those tricked out 1911's that the Texans wear.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Why do you wrap them in Kevlar?? Seems like something else would be easier to do??

The were wrapped in rope but the new oarlocks we had made wore the rope out in no time. We had bronze oar locks but they kept breaking so we had ones made out of grade 7 U-bolts. The oars that used are around $400 a piece. 12 foot ash oars so we need to protect them.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The were wrapped in rope but the new oarlocks we had made wore the rope out in no time. We had bronze oar locks but they kept breaking so we had ones made out of grade 7 U-bolts. The oars that used are around $400 a piece. 12 foot ash oars so we need to protect them.

Yeah, at $400 a pop, that extra work makes sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom