• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Have you ever asked a doc about your inability to sleep without alcohol? I'd give good money to hear that conversation!!! :laugh:

Yeah actually I have. Years ago. I was told some horse:poop: about how I had become dependent on alcohol to sleep. They didn't have much to say after I told them I've had the insomnia problem long before I started drinking regularly. All they did was prescribe me some pills that made me groggy the next day

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Melatonin has been a life saver. It really does work but I've learned to take it no more than an hour before I go to bed. Once it kicks in I am exhausted....and then I get cranky.

No one likes a cranky horse

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Lots of people love melatonin, but fair warning, it won't be long before you build up a tolerance.... Then you'll really be a cranky horse

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Lots of people love melatonin, but fair warning, it won't be long before you build up a tolerance.... Then you'll really be a cranky horse

I have heard that so I try not to take it every night. If I'm tired when I go to bed I usually just go without. I only bought it about a week ago and I think I've taken it two nights. Kind of want to use it for those nights that I just can't sleep no matter what I do.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I have heard that so I try not to take it every night. If I'm tired when I go to bed I usually just go without. I only bought it about a week ago and I think I've taken it two nights. Kind of want to use it for those nights that I just can't sleep no matter what I do.
    My son is on that and so is a friend of mine and neither once has had problems or built up a tolerate, as long as it is really treating the problem. Now in the first few weeks you body will adjust to it so you will have to up the dose, but it should steady out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It feels weird.

Apartment building full of elderly on fixed income. Have to get the heat going. Those folks tend to turn blue and get a bit stiff on these brisk mornings.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It feels weird.

Apartment building full of elderly on fixed income. Have to get the heat going. Those folks tend to turn blue and get a bit stiff on these brisk mornings.

no kidding. I still haven't turn the heat on. Furnace has been cleaned and a new filter in, it's ready to go. Just not ready to turn it on.

I had such a good visit with my baby this weekend. She calls me Grandma all the time now and I LOVE IT!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom