• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    New cap, rotor and plugs. Coil, wires, ICM off of old engine (no problems when taken off.)

The computer is retarding timing, 16 deg @ idle, and 20-28 deg under load. Distributor was marked (multiple locations before removal), and aligned with those marks when installed. I'm not getting a code for the distributor being off a tooth. I'm leaning more towards a fuel issue. (CFM module)

Fuel starvation? You have a fuel pressure tester?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    New cap, rotor and plugs. Coil, wires, ICM off of old engine (no problems when taken off.)

The computer is retarding timing, 16 deg @ idle, and 20-28 deg under load. Distributor was marked (multiple locations before removal), and aligned with those marks when installed. I'm not getting a code for the distributor being off a tooth. I'm leaning more towards a fuel issue. (CFM module)

Does your truck require a timing reset when the distributor is removed. There is a few steps involved and memory is not serving me right now. Look it up.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, mowing, yardwork and putting away the riding mower for the season is finished. Goofing off now and will head to the range in awhile.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All my projects are complete for the day. Missed out on the family gathering but I am beat down tired and would no be much fun anyway.
    Nap-car is running. Bowl of re-heated chilli and a grilled cheese for me. Glass of ice cold milk and the couch.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I didn't accomplish much. Mowed the yard, winterized my mower and went to the range. I was careful with my .22, only went through 100-125 rounds in an hour.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom