Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good morning INGO! Back from camping... Eaten alive from chest to feet (and yes, EVERYWHERE in between :flasher:). I need a bucket of hydrocortisone cream and a paint roller. :): Had some pretty good storms come through on Saturday night, but fortunately everything dried out by yesterday morning. Also had a flat tire on the boat trailer coming home. Despite all that, it was a pretty good weekend! :)

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It happens a lot. I've had problems sleeping since I had kids oh so many years ago. Maybe it's the paranoid parent thing. Like something bad will happen and I won't wake up for it. Now even once I do fall asleep I wake up when a mouse farts in the attic :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It happens a lot. I've had problems sleeping since I had kids oh so many years ago. Maybe it's the paranoid parent thing. Like something bad will happen and I won't wake up for it. Now even once I do fall asleep I wake up when a mouse farts in the attic :):

I'm not a real heavy sleeper myself, but I sure slept like a rock last night. Rest and relaxation is hard work! :):

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    :laugh: No alcohol for me. I do take melatonin quite often though. It really helps. Just have to take it a couple of hours before I want to go to bed.

I do need to try that. I've heard good things about it. I've just had bad experiences with taking anything. I always feel groggy the next day. I never tried melatonin though

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh I know that feeling. Bites in places you didn't even know you had, huh?

It's awful. So many chigger bites it looks like I have a rash over most of my body. This year has been really bad for them for some reason. I even used bug repellant but it didn't seem to help.

As for the melatonin, it doesn't make me groggy at all the next morning, but like I said, the key is to take it well before you're ready to go to bed, and DON'T take more if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night. That will make you groggy if you do that.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's awful. So many chigger bites it looks like I have a rash over most of my body. This year has been really bad for them for some reason. I even used bug repellant but it didn't seem to help.

As for the melatonin, it doesn't make me groggy at all the next morning, but like I said, the key is to take it well before you're ready to go to bed, and DON'T take more if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night. That will make you groggy if you do that.

I've heard people saying that chiggers and ticks are really bad this year. Of course I live in Beech Grove where we don't have such a bad problem with them. However, I've been fighting fleas on the dogs and the cats all summer. Far more than normal.

And I think I will try the melatonin. Something has to give. I've been fighting this for 16 years now and I'm just about over it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've heard people saying that chiggers and ticks are really bad this year. Of course I live in Beech Grove where we don't have such a bad problem with them. However, I've been fighting fleas on the dogs and the cats all summer. Far more than normal.

And I think I will try the melatonin. Something has to give. I've been fighting this for 16 years now and I'm just about over it

I haven't had any problems at home, but every time I've gone camping this year they'v gotten me. Good luck with the melatonin. I get the 3 mg, but I take several.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom