• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I've also got a tiger cub ball cap and a wolf ball cap neckerchief and slide. wanted to bump this up to make sure cowgirl see it

ETA I also have a large long sleeve shirt that he passed right by

My mom took him to his last meeting and she said they had some used shirts but they look worn and not very nice. She was going to buy them but I hate not being able to provide stuff for him.:rolleyes: Is that bad?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My mom took him to his last meeting and she said they had some used shirts but they look worn and not very nice. She was going to buy them but I hate not being able to provide stuff for him.:rolleyes: Is that bad?

Don't sweat it cowgirl, lots of people are wearing used clothing now that never would have dreamed of it a few years ago. While I was laid off, everything came from Goodwill.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

not bad at all. we all want to provide for our kids. Sometimes though they have to do without or do with less.

The medium shirt he wore for 2 years and is still like new. I think I've washed it 6 times at the most (doesn't need washed much when he wears it once a week for an hour during the school year). The large shirt is long sleeve and the neighbor boy used it and gave it to us. It is more loved than the medium short sleeve. If you can't use these that's fine. Going to take them into our Scout meeting next week.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I know she just wants him to look nice, but still doesn't make it easier.

Yeah. I understand what your saying, even though I am working again, I was out of work for 15 months, still getting caught up. Sucks not to be able to provide for your kids everything they need. Be happy that a grandparent wants to help, there are some people that don't even get that help.

I'll say a little prayer for you. Have a great evening.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I shop good will and garage sales a lot but it is different to have your mother buy stuff for your son.

The wife and I worked two jobs for most of our lives! it was hard raising kids, her Mom always bought for the kids and us for that matter, that women had the biggest heart, she is missed, we all need help now and then! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom