Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Any EMT/Nurse/Medical types lurking. My gas grill blew out. I figured it has just gone out and hit the igniter. Needless to say it must have been out for awhile and blew up. Knocked me back a step or two. Nothing hit me other than the wave. Kind of feels like getting punched in the side of my face. Most of the hair on my right arm was burned off. It does not appear to have burned my skin at all. Right eyebrow and eyelashes have some crispiness. Took a shower and scraped off as much of the singed hair as I could (now I know how the hog feels). The wife put aloe vera gel all over the affected areas. She wants me to go to the ER. Since I don't have any blisters so I don't see much point. Any opinions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As long as I have all of you laughing at me anyways. I assume G-dawg and the other old people in our group remember the old cartoons where the guy steps on the rake and the handle flips up and hits them in the face. Yep, I did that this morning. Even had blood running down my nose where my glasses got hit against the bridge of my nose.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Any EMT/Nurse/Medical types lurking. My gas grill blew out. I figured it has just gone out and hit the igniter. Needless to say it must have been out for awhile and blew up. Knocked me back a step or two. Nothing hit me other than the wave. Kind of feels like getting punched in the side of my face. Most of the hair on my right arm was burned off. It does not appear to have burned my skin at all. Right eyebrow and eyelashes have some crispiness. Took a shower and scraped off as much of the singed hair as I could (now I know how the hog feels). The wife put aloe vera gel all over the affected areas. She wants me to go to the ER. Since I don't have any blisters so I don't see much point. Any opinions.

Mrs. Westside RN says that unless you are in pain or you have a burn worse than 2nd degree, recognizable by chared skin, you are fine. No need to worry the hair will grow back.

Edit: as she reads over my shoulder, I was instructed to add large second degree burns would qualify as well for a trip to the ER. But, again if not in pain then you are good to go.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mrs. Westside RN says that unless you are in pain or you have a burn worse than 2nd degree, recognizable by chared skin, you are fine. No need to worry the hair will grow back.

Thanks. That's sort of what I was figuring. Thanks to the Mrs as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom