• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Absolutely. Well, I actually just got certified in the fall, but I am looking forward to logging some dive time this summer. :yesway:

What a wimp. DIVE IN COLD WATER!!!! :D I'm diving in northern Ohio next weekend. The surface temperature of the water is currently in the low 50's. Below 40 feet the temp is around 39-41.

I dive from May-November in the Midwest. There are a lot of great dive sites within a few hours drive. Where have you been diving?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What a wimp. DIVE IN COLD WATER!!!! :D I'm diving in northern Ohio next weekend. The surface temperature of the water is currently in the low 50's. Below 40 feet the temp is around 39-41.

I dive from May-November in the Midwest. There are a lot of great dive sites within a few hours drive. Where have you been diving?

I got certified in cold, muddy water... I vowed to never do it again. That's the only diving I've done, and it was at Hidden Paradise in Shelbyville. I couldn't see more than a foot in front of me so I dunno if it was a good site or not :laugh:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I got certified in cold, muddy water... I vowed to never do it again. That's the only diving I've done, and it was at Hidden Paradise in Shelbyville. I couldn't see more than a foot in front of me so I dunno if it was a good site or not :laugh:

There are a lot of fantastic quarry sites around here. I'm going to Gilboa with my dive shop next week. They advertise it on the shop website and just hope a bunch of people show up. We usually have around 20 different people (many new divers) come with us. It is a fun weekend of camping, eating, and diving.

Check out these dive sites websites. I like mermet the best. We go to all of these locations every year. Mermet in Southern IL even has a 727 from US Marshals sunken in it. You can swim through the plane. Gilboa, where I'm going next week, has a jet to swim through, choppers, an RV, boats, Cessna's, and lots of other stuff. I wear a 7mm farmer john with a hooded vest and am plenty warm.

Gilboa Quarry Scuba Diving
    Mermet Springs Scuba Diving, Training and Travel
    Pennyroyal Scuba Center | Blue Springs Resort, Inc. | Hopkinsville, Ky

Please let me know if you would like to go diving at some point this summer. I'd love to have a dive buddy around my age. It is actually pretty reasonably priced to dive in this area too. Rent equipment if needed and simple camp on site. I've never been, but I think Home - Haigh Quarry - The Place for Scuba Diving in Northern Illinois is close to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom