Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It would cut down on noise pollution for hunters and those out in rural areas with a lot of hunting areas.

Suppressors won't make it silent, just quieter.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    What about not being able to hear the other guy around you? Unfair advantage to the wildlife? Not being able to hear if someone is poaching on your land? :dunno:

How is that any different from Archery?

And if someone went through the 6+ month wait, paperwork, and cost to get a suppressor. I'm pretty sure they won't be "poaching". The fines and penalties they put in that bill for poaching will make a much better deterrent.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    People poach on us all the time, the only way we know they are back there is when we hear them.

Archery is much more skilled than shotgun season, especially since they have opened it up to some rifle calibers.

Can anyone tell me the benefits? When you say noise pollution are you talking about for the hunters or the rural occupants?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Archery is much more skilled than shotgun season, especially since they have opened it up to some rifle calibers.
    But its just as quiet. Does that mean nobody trespasses during archery season?
    Can anyone tell me the benefits? When you say noise pollution are you talking about for the hunters or the rural occupants?
    Both. On opening day rural occupants won't hear as loud of gunshots ringing all around them.

And Introducing more people to hunting will be safer because things will be quieter. Plus the hearing protection for the hunter themselves will be greater.

Now thing about hunting varmints for example (think coyotes) you'd be able to take more at a time to make the problem go away a lot quicker.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    People poach on us all the time, the only way we know they are back there is when we hear them.

It's the kids and I's hearing that I want to be able to use a suppressor. I doubt the poachers you have had to deal with will be using suppressors, they would already be if they had them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom