Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    well kids I'm out. Been a long day. I was in handcuffs earlier and I have a Mindset labs class with Shay tomorrow.

:wavey:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    USGI is best for what they're teaching. You can use a scope, make sure its a low power one though. Like 1 or 2 power. However, I'd recommend irons (tech sites). I scored higher with irons than a scope.

Should I mention I want to do this as cheap as possible. Does that make a difference? Also, whats the next weekend you are available for a day? I want a tour of the 550b. I want to start reloading asap. My bro and I said we would buy you a beer or lunch for the tutorial.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Should I mention I want to do this as cheap as possible. Does that make a difference? Also, whats the next weekend you are available for a day? I want a tour of the 550b. I want to start reloading asap. My bro and I said we would buy you a beer or lunch for the tutorial.
    next weekend is the 1500, but I'll be available sometime that weekend.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Thanks for the suggestions Rayne and V8. So does it have to be a USGI sling and you are allowed to use a scope?

There is another kind, can't remember the name. My hubby has one on his 22-250, but I took it off and used my usgi sling cause it's much easier to use. But they prefer you use a usgi or this other one, (will try to figure out the name and let you know) they teach so much and the sling is required to be in certain positions.

Yes, scopes, irons, and factory irons are all acceptable to use. You will find you don't want anything over a 3 or 4 power scope and if you can get lower like a 1.5, that would be even better. A high magnification makes your hold seem real jumpy and then it starts to play into your mentality. You won't accept your NPOA near as easily.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Night peeps, this granny needs some rest....takes a lot of time to get two little girls ready for church so my alarm is set for the butt crack of dawn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom