• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hey HFB! How are the wedding plans coming?

Its all planned and ready, just been tying up odds and ends with decorations.

But things aren't going well with the house we are buying. Whoever the seller has doing the septic work is dragging their butts. All they have done in the last 2 weeks is park a backhoe in the driveway, and do the flagging. We only have 2 downspouts to finish with the gutters, they should of done something by now!! So we may not even be able to move in by the wedding, and the close date was originally March 4 :xmad:

hi HFB... how ya doing?

Pretty good other than stress with the house. I just wish I could win the lottery or something though, lol.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    A chocolate chip waffle with some chunky peanut butter, and a little bit of syrup is awesome and very fulfilling.

Now that sounds good!!

One thing I've been doing lately is having waffles with butter, cinnamon, and some local sourced all natural honey. I bought the honey from a guy at work that raises bees. I'm hoping eating that will help get rid of my allergies. But it sure tastes good while eating it too! :D

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Its all planned and ready, just been tying up odds and ends with decorations.

But things aren't going well with the house we are buying. Whoever the seller has doing the septic work is dragging their butts. All they have done in the last 2 weeks is park a backhoe in the driveway, and do the flagging. We only have 2 downspouts to finish with the gutters, they should of done something by now!! So we may not even be able to move in by the wedding, and the close date was originally March 4 :xmad:

Pretty good other than stress with the house. I just wish I could win the lottery or something though, lol.

Ugh! Just reading that I'm having flashbacks to my fiancee's and my house-buying "fun." We even walked away from the house at one point and were willing to lose out on our earnest money.

It all worked out in the end and now we're just furnishing our lovely house and learning all sorts of new and wonderful things about it and each other.

Although we closed on our house months after the original closing date, everything eventually worked out. I hope it will work out for you, too.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    life is full of stress... just hang in there and it will all work out in the end

Oh I know, and I'm trying. Sadly the fiance is taking it worse than me. But then it comes back to me anyways. I wish I could figure out a way to help her relax. But I don't think it will work till things are done with the house.

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Oh I know, and I'm trying. Sadly the fiance is taking it worse than me. But then it comes back to me anyways. I wish I could figure out a way to help her relax. But I don't think it will work till things are done with the house.

Having been the fiancee that took it worse and added stress into the quotient, you are absolutely right. Oh, and don't try to help reduce her stress by with-holding details. It won't reduce stress, but it will lead to a fight. Voice of experience here.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Having been the fiancee that took it worse and added stress into the quotient, you are absolutely right. Oh, and don't try to help reduce her stress by with-holding details. It won't reduce stress, but it will lead to a fight. Voice of experience here.

Oh I won't with hold details, I know better than that, lol.

I just got off the phone with the realtor, she is putting some big pressure on the other realtor to push them to get the septic done this week. That is the big thing holding us back. My work on the gutters will be done in one good afternoon. Their redo of the septic will probably take longer and they haven't even broke ground yet.

Dang it I want this done, I just put a new Johnson safe on order for this house :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom