• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Yep, got a barn full of them ready to go to market. We don't farrow to finish any more, which I really miss, we just finish now.

Do you have any clue what I just said???

I sure do.... I raised pigs for 4-H, and will be again soon for my son.:) We stopped after my sister got out a couple years ago, and I miss it very much.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    You're wife should have welcomed you with open arms looking like that. :stickpoke:
    she did, then she told me to strip outside and head for the shower......:dunno:

Yep, got a barn full of them ready to go to market. We don't farrow to finish any more, which I really miss, we just finish now.

Do you have any clue what I just said???
    I do! side note, my brother was not very good at finishing.......I bought a hog from him, and the butcher said I could of spent my money wiser.<-----that made me lol, yet cry at the same time.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County

I do! side note, my brother was not very good at finishing.......I bought a hog from him, and the butcher said I could of spent my money wiser.<-----that made me lol, yet cry at the same time.

I have found nothing that taste better than home raised, but they are cute when they are little. I had one sow that was so spoiled that she would not have her babies unless I was there holding her head. This is very unusual since most mama pigs are mean when giving birth.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I have found nothing that taste better than home raised, but they are cute when they are little. I had one sow that was so spoiled that she would not have her babies unless I was there holding her head. This is very unusual since most mama pigs are mean when giving birth.
    when I meant wiser, I meant the pig was too small to butcher.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

I hope you took her up on it..:D

You get some that are, but most are not in my experience. Young ones especially will be nervous, but after one liter they are usually very docile. I loved the farrowing house, even though it was a lot of work. I hated the nursery part and the finishing part was ok, but nothing to get excited about. I liked the gestation building too. :):

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I hope you took her up on it..:D

You get some that are, but most are not in my experience. Young ones especially will be nervous, but after one liter they are usually very docile. I loved the farrowing house, even though it was a lot of work. I hated the nursery part and the finishing part was ok, but nothing to get excited about. I liked the gestation building too. :):
    yes I did.......how's the boss man doing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom