Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They gave me a good little digging tool. Very heavy duty. The gloves... I got the "i told you so" from the wife when I starting crying about the blister on my palm.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    They gave me a good little digging tool. Very heavy duty. The gloves... I got the "i told you so" from the wife when I starting crying about the blister on my palm.

another nifty little item that help ALOT in recovery is a pin pointer...saves tons of digging and sifting through dirt.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I don't think Ive ever posted pics of some of my machines...
    Whites MXT
    P3150017.jpg

Minelab Sovereign GT
    Picture002-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Troy Shadow custom x3
    PC310141.jpg

PC310139.jpg

Tesoro vaquero
    PA290002.jpg

PA290006.jpg

Tesoro Tejon and Whites XLT
    tectors-1.jpg

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Pretty salty. I may have to wait on that one. Need to show the wife this isn't one of my fads that don't last long.

yeah I hear ya....save all the change ya find and pretty soon you can buy all sorts of new stuff. everything I own for detecting has been bought with finds.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thanks for the equipment pics, very cool. There is someone at our County Fair that sets up every year with those White's detectors.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    WHat kind of an area did you find something like that?

Here is a pic of me and the place I found it...I think it was taken rite before I dug that.
    its just a corn field now but in the 1800s it was the site of a general store...a school was across the road and next to it was a church.
    mesov.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here is a pic of me and the place I found it...I think it was taken rite before I dug that.
    its just a corn field now but in the 1800s it was the site of a general store...a school was across the road and next to it was a church.
    mesov.jpg

How far down was it? How did you pin down where the buildings used to be. I doubt anyone living would have know they used to be there.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    How far down was it? How did you pin down where the buildings used to be. I doubt anyone living would have know they used to be there.

I dont recall how deep it was..not very deep Im sure. I find general locations on old maps then I do what I call a scout hunt...I run all metal and dig every signal. usually Ill start finding nails and digging up brick or foundation stone..once I get a pretty good idea of where the building set I can "reconstruct" the whole area....its all off of assumption but its worked fine for me. for this particular sight..I started finding square headed nails...lots of them! and as I was digging I could tell by the soil I was digging up that that place had to of burnt down...I was also digging up deformed glass.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Here is a scan of one of my maps...all the black dots are homes/buildings..this map is from 1902...all the roads are still the same.
    scan-1.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom