Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Turn your sensitivity down....I hunt with the ace 250 at either 3-4 bars in most ground. also make sure the coil nuts are snug and make sure your coil cable is wound correctly around the shaft..if its loose and floppin around it will creat false signals. are you hunting in discrimination mode or all metal?

The video said to use all metal for the first month or so and did everything up to get a good handle on operations. I haven't adjusted sensitivity so that may be it. It is on whatever default is. I may need to wrap the cord around another time or two as it is a bit loose. I have noticed I get a tone if I change directions too quick. I bet the cord would explain that as well.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    The video said to use all metal for the first month or so and did everything up to get a good handle on operations. I haven't adjusted sensitivity so that may be it. It is on whatever default is. I may need to wrap the cord around another time or two as it is a bit loose. I have noticed I get a tone if I change directions too quick. I bet the cord would explain that as well.

all metal is frustrating...I always suggest hunting in the highest disc..that way your starting out digging only good targets..once you get the hang of the basics you can move up to jewelry and all metal mode. take it out of all metal and I bet that will fix alot of the issues you are having. also lower the sens.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    all metal is frustrating...I always suggest hunting in the highest disc..that way your starting out digging only good targets..once you get the hang of the basics you can move up to jewelry and all metal mode. take it out of all metal and I bet that will fix alot of the issues you are having. also lower the sens.
    Yeah.......what he said and stuff.........

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Good, I didn't think I wanted to continue getting blisters to dig up a nail.

Is it typical for coins to degrade so bad underground. one of the penny's I dug yesterday was corroded and ate up so bad you couldn't see the date.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

Is it typical for coins to degrade so bad underground. one of the penny's I dug yesterday was corroded and ate up so bad you couldn't see the date.

Post 1982 pennies are mostly zinc so they corrode real quick..they turn green and start pitting. nickles will do the same...though nickles are tough to find...as is gold.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

also..gloves and a GOOD digging tool is your best friend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom