• Status
    Not open for further replies.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I was at the Verizon store to see if they could fix my broken phone. They could, for a new contract!

A nice elderly lady was there trying to return presents she received for Xmas and they said no because it had been longer than 14 days (I think).

She had a stroke and couldn't use the touch devices anymore.

She had a Samsung Galaxy S3, a Nexus Tablet, a Jetpack 4G project, bluetooth keyboard and a few other items and they offered her 168. For all of it. As a trade in.

She said no and to the person's credit, he said she would be better served to sell it on eBay for several hundred more. She turned to walk away and I said "Ma'am, how much would you like for your phone in cash?" She said she would take 250 for it, the SD card and the heavy duty Otterbox case (that was 60 bucks in the store).

Normally I haggle with everyone (Ask OBV8) but I said I would take it if she would wait for me to grab some cash. She did. I flashed the phone in front of her, went back to the store for a new SIM card and walked out with a great deal. The phone, with no contract, is 699 or 799 depending on where you go.

A few places had it for 50 bucks with two year contract but I am done with contracts as they would nullify my unlimited data.

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom