AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    yep, looks to be a good amount to if it holds out

hubbys last day is Friday until the 3rd, not sure I can handle that

sledding, I haven't been since I was a kid.. I remember so much fun
    Ya my nephew that works there was saying the same thing - shut down this friday till the 3 , he's the one that has the Harley repair shop he runs during the day .,and RR on 2nd shift.
    Yesssssssss i remember a lot of good times sledding :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Ya my nephew that works there was saying the same thing - shut down this friday till the 3 , he's the one that has the Harley repair shop he runs during the day .,and RR on 2nd shift.
    Yesssssssss i remember a lot of good times sledding :D
    when my folks bought the house Dad lives in now (back in '74 I think), you looked out the front window and all you saw was corn fields, that's changed of course. There was a big hill out in the middle of that field, we would hike through the corn stumps carrying our sleds and sled all day on that hill. When the corn was tall enough we'd play hide and seek in it.
    Oh the good old days

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    when my folks bought the house Dad lives in now (back in '74 I think), you looked out the front window and all you saw was corn fields, that's changed of course. There was a big hill out in the middle of that field, we would hike through the corn stumps carrying our sleds and sled all day on that hill. When the corn was tall enough we'd play hide and seek in it.
    Oh the good old days
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ya when things were a lil slower

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ya when things were a lil slower
    yeah I'm a good ten years younger than you, I know
    Ya thats always a nice site :(
    Dad doesn't seem to mind, he still has his big yard and the houses aren't stacked on top of each other like in the vinyl villages here.

They still have space up there and don't need to do that

The one thing I don't like is they tore down the trees between the housing addition and the cemetery.. now we can see the cemetery really well

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    yeah I'm a good ten years younger than you, I know

Dad doesn't seem to mind, he still has his big yard and the houses aren't stacked on top of each other like in the vinyl villages here.

They still have space up there and don't need to do that

The one thing I don't like is they tore down the trees between the housing addition and the cemetery.. now we can see the cemetery really well
    I didnt mean any thing by age MrsG - i agree with ya - it seemed like life was slowed and we all enjoyed much more

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I didnt mean any thing by age MrsG - i agree with ya - it seemed like life was slowed and we all enjoyed much more
    we did

people sat at the kitchen table for meals, Mom didn't work and you always knew she was there. You would leave in the morning to go play and not come home until you got hungry, and no one worried about you. Bikes, climbing trees, running and playing. There was always something to do

If you landed at a friends house, they would feed you, punish you, let you sleep over. All while in communication with your Mom of course. I miss those days. I don't even let the boy walk home from the bus alone. but the bus stop is not within sight of the house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom