Not open for further replies.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    guess we need to rename the rifle .
    In the late 70 early 80's A big trend went though the motorcyle field , for years a shut off switch was called a kill switch , and the road bars on the front of a bike was called crash bars . Well a bunch of people started crying omg ifyou ride that motor cycle your going to crash cause it has crash bars on it ,or your going to kill your self cause of the kill switch ---- i know its silly but it did effect sales of motorcycle - so the names had to be changed. I'm new to the legal gun world and dont know ware or why they call them assault rifles ,but i can tell ya its effecting mothers every ware just like the KILL switch on a ,motorcycle did

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Today is my Paw's 40th anniversery with Carrier. :faint:
    that's a long damn time
    congrats to him
    guess we need to rename the rifle .
    In the late 70 early 80's A big trend went though the motorcyle field , for years a shut off switch was called a kill switch , and the road bars on the front of a bike was called crash bars . Well a bunch of people started crying omg ifyou ride that motor cycle your going to crash cause it has crash bars on it ,or your going to kill your self cause of the kill switch ---- i know its silly but it did effect sales of motorcycle - so the names had to be changed. I'm new to the legal gun world and dont know ware or why they call them assault rifles ,but i can tell ya its effecting mothers every ware just like the KILL switch on a ,motorcycle did
    it's the media that refers to them as assault rifles or weapons. It adds to the terror I agree. You can't change the media though.
    We know an assault rifle/weapon is a military weapon capable of firing fully auto :dunno:

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    that's a long damn time
    congrats to him

it's the media that refers to them as assault rifles or weapons. It adds to the terror I agree. You can't change the media though.
    We know an assault rifle/weapon is a military weapon capable of firing fully auto :dunno:
    Heres whats confuseing me MrsG - i know a military rifle is capable of auto and citizens aint unless stamped - ,but auto or not its still a AR = assult rifle , am i right ? Do you know if the military named them AR's to throw fear into the enemy ? im just asking question -learning

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Heres whats confuseing me MrsG - i know a military rifle is capable of auto and citizens aint unless stamped - ,but auto or not its still a AR = assult rifle , am i right ? Do you know if the military named them AR's to throw fear into the enemy ? im just asking question -learning
    after I posted my rant I sat here and thought about that... it is an AR, and that is where Assault Rifle comes from

But the definition of an Assault Rifle is the fully automatic version. I do understand why they get them all lumped together though.
    As far as the enemy and the name, I honestly don't know but something to look into I guess.

I just know we need to do something. I am heartsick about what has happened. I won't post and repost all the pro gun stuff on facebook, I won't get into the discussions here because it doesn't help. Preaching to the choir here and fb I have a diverse group of friends, some agree with me, some don't. I won't unfriend them because of their fear.

The fear is what is going to kill us/ that was a good history on the motorcycle, I did not know that but I know the terms because hubby still uses them now and then

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    after I posted my rant I sat here and thought about that... it is an AR, and that is where Assault Rifle comes from

But the definition of an Assault Rifle is the fully automatic version. I do understand why they get them all lumped together though.
    As far as the enemy and the name, I honestly don't know but something to look into I guess.

I just know we need to do something. I am heartsick about what has happened. I won't post and repost all the pro gun stuff on facebook, I won't get into the discussions here because it doesn't help. Preaching to the choir here and fb I have a diverse group of friends, some agree with me, some don't. I won't unfriend them because of their fear.

The fear is what is going to kill us/ that was a good history on the motorcycle, I did not know that but I know the terms because hubby still uses them now and then
    LOL ya anybody that has been around MC knows , but that is why i was asking do you think it is in th name ? My own opinion is yes ,i believe if they were called somethng like model 15 - then the hystarics over the rifle its self might die . like i said befor just asking -just learning .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom