• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its so nice to have my TV and internet working properly again. I don't need to prepare for SHTF. I don't think I could live without this stuff. I'm so pathetic.

I think a lot of people feel that way. We've all become so accustomed to having it that we feel like it's a necessity. I'll be the first to admit I'm the same way. I wish I wasn't, but I am...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Its so nice to have my TV and internet working properly again. I don't need to prepare for SHTF. I don't think I could live without this stuff. I'm so pathetic.
    that's ok, hubby keeps saying he's going to cut ours off.. I tell him over my dead body. I enjoy my luxuries now and then. Although they aren't much

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Hey same here.
    Last time I lost power for a few hours not having the internet was what sucked the most.Having no light was not that bad compared to that. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Hey same here.
    Last time I lost power for a few hours not having the internet was what sucked the most.Having no light was not that bad compared to that. :D
    I use my phone for internet if for some reason I don't have it at home. Use the car battery to charge the phone .... problem solved :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey same here.

I think right now if I lost power I'd be more upset about not having any heat. I've had to sit in the kitchen with the oven turned up and the door open many times. It's no fun

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I think right now if I lost power I'd be more upset about not having any heat. I've had to sit in the kitchen with the oven turned up and the door open many times. It's no fun
    There was an accident not far from us a few winters ago, when it got REALLY COLD, sub zeros and wind chills that would freeze exposed skin... we lost power because a pole was down and it wasn't easy for them to get us back up. I know it was several hours, I was in bed asleep when it came back on. We went to Walmart and bought a kerosene heater and cans, stopped and got kerosene on the way home. We keep the cans full all the time and in the winter we get everything out on the back porch. It sure saved us that year

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There was an accident not far from us a few winters ago, when it got REALLY COLD, sub zeros and wind chills that would freeze exposed skin... we lost power because a pole was down and it wasn't easy for them to get us back up. I know it was several hours, I was in bed asleep when it came back on. We went to Walmart and bought a kerosene heater and cans, stopped and got kerosene on the way home. We keep the cans full all the time and in the winter we get everything out on the back porch. It sure saved us that year

That's a really smart idea. I have a weird little storage shed built into my house. It would be perfect for storing something like that. We don't lose power a lot but if we did that would sure be better than running the oven

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    We have what is predicted to be a pretty big winter storm coming and most of my efforts have been put in to making sure my TV and internet are working properly. What does that tell you? :rolleyes:

Its not really as bad as it sounds though. We almost always have enough food in the house to last for weeks if we had to.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We have what is predicted to be a pretty big winter storm coming and most of my efforts have been put in to making sure my TV and internet are working properly. What does that tell you? :rolleyes:

Its not really as bad as it sounds though. We almost always have enough food in the house to last for weeks if we had to.

We're ok on food here. Just wishing we had a plow for the truck. Not that we live anywhere rural but the street we live on is always awful the first few days after it snows. They refuse to plow

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I just had to check the forecast to ease my mind. The snow is not predicted to start until very late at night on the 25th or early morning of the 26th. We are bringing my in-laws over for Christmas tomorrow and my biggest worry is that they might get stuck here. :nailbite:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just had to check the forecast to ease my mind. The snow is not predicted to start until very late at night on the 25th or early morning of the 26th. We are bringing my in-laws over for Christmas tomorrow and my biggest worry is that they might get stuck here. :nailbite:

:laugh: I'm glad my in-laws live in North Carolina. Witch-in-law came to visit at the end of November so we won't see her for Christmas. :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Well it looks like we should have no problem getting them home before it all starts. That's a good thing because having them here overnight would be no good for any of us. I get along with them just fine and I love'em, but there's a lot of people I get along with that I wouldn't want to live with.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well it looks like we should have no problem getting them home before it all starts. That's a good thing because having them here overnight would be no good for any of us. I get along with them just fine and I love'em, but there's a lot of people I get along with that I wouldn't want to live with.

I feel that way about almost everyone actually. Me, the man, and the kids....that's all I want living under my roof. Sometimes I don't even want them :laugh:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    That's a bummer. It's just me and the kids tonight but the man will be home in a few hours. Then the fun begins
    Thats life. With my family everyone assumes someone told other people.
    :n00b:

I'll just join the landlords for dinner tomorrow. I saw a huge ass briquette in there fridge today :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thats life. With my family everyone assumes someone told other people.
    :n00b:

I'll just join the landlords for dinner tomorrow. I saw a huge ass briquette in there fridge today :D

Apparently we're going to see family tomorrow. My family always get together a couple weeks before Christmas because there are so many little kids that want to stay home and play with their new toys. His family is a little different but that's no big deal

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom