• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The good news is that my cable and internet are working great now. The bad news is that means I can't get out of skyping with relatives tomorrow. :cool:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I assume Comcast figured out what the issue was?

Yup. The first tech that came out had to spend nearly 2 hours determining what I had already told them. The problem was not in my house. I got all new cable ends and splitters anyway.

Apparently, there are magical boxes here and there on the network that are supposed to automatically adjust the signal strength. The magic must have leaked out of one of them because the signal strength at my house was way too high and in the world of cable that's just as bad as too weak.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Bummer. I hate when the magic leaks out. Maybe that's what's wrong with my car!!! It lost some magic!

I wonder if its anything like electronic devices. They all run on smoke. I know this because I've caused the smoke to leak out of many electronic devices. They never work after that and its impossible to put the smoke back in.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if its anything like electronic devices. They all run on smoke. I know this because I've caused the smoke to leak out of many electronic devices. They never work after that and its impossible to put the smoke back in.

I've caused the smoke to leak out of lots of them as well. A couple of them leaked so much of their smoke out that they started leaking sparks too!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't know how he does it. I really don't think he ever sleeps. Its after 1:00am where he is right now.

1am is no big deal for me but up until recently I worked nights for pretty much the last 10 years. That being said, I DO sleep. Seems to me like Sylvain just takes naps for a couple hours and then comes back here

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom