• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    All things considered you do pretty well. Actually you do better than a lot of people who speak English as their first language. If I hadn't known beforehand that it wasn't your first language I probably never would have thought about it.

Thanks. :)
    Yeah I have schooled a few members about the use of "your/you're", "their/there/they're", "too/to" and a few other things. :):

You would know if you could hear my outrageous foreign accent. :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Now why is it that someone who didn't learn English as a first language understands the difference yet people who were born and raised and taught the proper use of it in school cannot do it properly?? Drives me crazy

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Now why is it that someone who didn't learn English as a first language understands the difference yet people who were born and raised and taught the proper use of it in school cannot do it properly?? Drives me crazy

Yeah me too.
    I had a good English teacher in highschool I guess. :dunno:

I think it's also because many people dont care and dont think it's important especially online.
    Out of respect for native speakers I always try to use proper grammar when talking to them online.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I had a pretty decent French teacher in high school. She would always angry and say. "Oh well. Je m'en fous". Then move on to something else. It took me so long to figure out what that meant but after I did I never saw her the same way :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If there's going to be violence going on here I have to back out of the game. I can just see myself making some horrible typo or something. I've had enough blows to the face. I don't need more! :laugh:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If there's going to be violence going on here I have to back out of the game. I can just see myself making some horrible typo or something. I've had enough blows to the face. I don't need more! :laugh:

No punching the ladies. :nono:
    Actually just GB gets punched if he makes grammar or spelling mistakes. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom