• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm pretty sure its muscular, feels like it has in the past. And it gets better through out the day as I move more. And yes, I've taken ibuprofen a few times.
    Do you have a heating pad you can sleep with? It would help keep it from stiffening up while you sleep.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I think there is one here somewhere, but I have no idea. I'll pry just cake on some Icy Hot :):
    Fail. I have one if you want me to bring it to work tomorrow and you can pick it up. I have a lot of lower back problems from power lifting when I was in high school and it always helps.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm pretty sure its muscular, feels like it has in the past. And it gets better through out the day as I move more. And yes, I've taken ibuprofen a few times.

Few times won't help unless you keep it in you....take it from a sports mom, who has doctored a lot of sprains and pulls....

Aleve is your friend, take it religiously for ten days minimum. Aleeve is better than Advil. Works the same, less pills easier on your stomach.

Ice your back. I know this seems wrong, but if it is muscular, then you want to reduce the swelling. If ice makes it uncomfortable, then apply heat after the ice. If you can ice twenty minutes on, twenty minutes off on a regular basis it will really help.

Seriously take ice packs to work with you :)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Few times won't help unless you keep it in you....take it from a sports mom, who has doctored a lot of sprains and pulls....

Aleve is your friend, take it religiously for ten days minimum. Aleeve is better than Advil. Works the same, less pills easier on your stomach.

Ice your back. I know this seems wrong, but if it is muscular, then you want to reduce the swelling. If ice makes it uncomfortable, then apply heat after the ice. If you can ice twenty minutes on, twenty minutes off on a regular basis it will really help.

:+1:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

This is mostly correct. Aleve is better than advil. It's not as hard on your stomach, but is still an anti-inflammatory.

You should ice your back, but here is where my experience differs, You should ice to reduce the swelling, but HEAT will actually fix the issue if it's muscular. Ice will ONLY reduce swelling. That's why Icy/Hot works. It cools then heats the muscle.

So, Ice for 20 minutes then 45 on a heating pad.

I'm not a "sports mom" but I did play many different competitive sports at a high level from 5-18. I also have a bad back and knees, and ankles and a ham string that likes to strain.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Meap! Meap! Phtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! :D
    coyote-vs-roadrunner.jpg

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    This is mostly correct. Aleve is better than advil. It's not as hard on your stomach, but is still an anti-inflammatory.

You should ice your back, but here is where my experience differs, You should ice to reduce the swelling, but HEAT will actually fix the issue if it's muscular. Ice will ONLY reduce swelling. That's why Icy/Hot works. It cools then heats the muscle.

So, Ice for 20 minutes then 45 on a heating pad.

I'm not a "sports mom" but I did play many different competitive sports at a high level from 5-18. I also have a bad back and knees, and ankles and a ham string that likes to strain.

That's too long on heat...never more heat than ice. All heat is doing is trying to relax the muscle. Aleeve, which will alleviate the swelling and helps the muscle to relax.

State level athlete in three sports and NCAA experience here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom