• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    how close to downtown are you looking? close enough to walk? bus?

This one house was around the Speedway.
    On a bus line would be good.

I dont mind walking so if I have to walk one hour that's close enough to walk for me. :)

Girlfriend said she would like in Irvington too.It's farther away but she said it's nice. :dunno:
    I never been there so I dunno.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was going to suggest Irvington. I live very close to there and it is a very nice area. It is up and coming and has a few neat little shops there, a nice library and a starbucks!! Washington Street is a short walk from just about anywhere in the Irvington are with many IndyGo bus stops along Washington St. great for young families etc.
    The boy actually goes to school in Irvington, attends scouts in Irvington. I just don't live "in" Irvington.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yuck. I am having to write up my annual "Self-Reveiw" for work. I hate these things.:noway: "I want to improve my skills in what two areas and why"

Such a waste of time. My sales were up 23% last year and 18% this year.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was going to suggest Irvington. I live very close to there and it is a very nice area. It is up and coming and has a few neat little shops there, a nice library and a starbucks!! Washington Street is a short walk from just about anywhere in the Irvington are with many IndyGo bus stops along Washington St. great for young families etc.
    The boy actually goes to school in Irvington, attends scouts in Irvington. I just don't live "in" Irvington.

It's hard to tell if a neighborhood is nice or not just by looking at stuff online but from what I read it's quiet historic neighborhood.

I know about the library, I need one around even if I mainly go to the Central Library downtown whenever I can.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It's hard to tell if a neighborhood is nice or not just by looking at stuff online but from what I read it's quiet historic neighborhood.

I know about the library, I need one around even if I mainly go to the Central Library downtown whenever I can.

You are absolutely right, you can't tell by looking online. It is a quiet historic area, crime is there, but it is lower. People watch out for each other etc. More of a small hometown feel. Just smack dab in the middle of the city.
    One good thing about the Marion County Libraries (Indianapolis), you can request a book from any library in the system and it will be delivered to the library of your choice.

Sam it will be awhile before I hit it

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Google Map is a great tool to visit a neighborhood without actually going there.
    I can check the stores, restaurants and look at all the streets just like if I was walking down the street.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Google Map is a great tool to visit a neighborhood without actually going there.
    I can check the stores, restaurants and look at all the streets just like if I was walking down the street.
    it is cool.

I can try to give you any tips or help if I can. Just shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I am by no means an expert, but I do know the area just a bit.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You are absolutely right, you can't tell by looking online. It is a quiet historic area, crime is there, but it is lower. People watch out for each other etc. More of a small hometown feel. Just smack dab in the middle of the city.
    One good thing about the Marion County Libraries (Indianapolis), you can request a book from any library in the system and it will be delivered to the library of your choice.

Sam it will be awhile before I hit it

I love the central library, I was impressed by it even though I visited some pretty big libraries in Europe.
    Im not too worried about crime, I know it's everywhere, but my girlfriend has to feel safe.
    They have some books in French too. :)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I love the central library, I was impressed by it even though I visited some pretty big libraries in Europe.
    Im not too worried about crime, I know it's everywhere, but my girlfriend has to feel safe.
    They have some books in French too. :)
    Irvington recently had a rape case within the last few weeks. It was solved and the guy arrested within a week. The people of the community there were instrumental in helping with it.

She should feel fairly safe there. It is one place I don't mind going and walking around to much. Many times I have to without firearm as I am at the school. It doesn't bother me that much.

I have never been to the downtown library ... imagine that :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    it is cool.

I can try to give you any tips or help if I can. Just shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I am by no means an expert, but I do know the area just a bit.

When I lived in South Bend my girlfriend and I were stopped by a couple who were looking for directions.
    My girlfriend was amazed that I knew where the place was on, my first week in the city, when she didn't know about it even though she was living there. :D

I also learn about the floor plans of airports and stuff like that before I go there.She thinks im nuts. :rolleyes:
    But she's glad when I can tell her the closest restroom without looking at signs.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    When I lived in South Bend my girlfriend and I were stopped by a couple who were looking for directions.
    My girlfriend was amazed that I knew where the place was on, my first week in the city, when she didn't know about it even though she was living there. :D

I also learn about the floor plans of airports and stuff like that before I go there.She thinks im nuts. :rolleyes:
    But she's glad when I can tell her the closest restroom without looking at signs.

I used to live close to South Bend. :cool:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Irvington recently had a rape case within the last few weeks. It was solved and the guy arrested within a week. The people of the community there were instrumental in helping with it.

She should feel fairly safe there. It is one place I don't mind going and walking around to much. Many times I have to without firearm as I am at the school. It doesn't bother me that much.

I have never been to the downtown library ... imagine that :dunno:

She lived in Irvington once, she likes it and wants to go back there.

Usually tourists visit more places than the locals, that's common everywhere.
    I been to the library many times, I probably checked all their gun related books. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Maybe I saw you there while walking downtown. :dunno:

Did you know that South Bend was founded by a Frenchman, there is a plaque downtown saying that.

I did not know that about the Frenchman. Did you know how it got it's name though?

I usually didn't go downtown South Bend. I stayed to the outskirts at the mall.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I did not know that about the Frenchman. Did you know how it got it's name though?

I usually didn't go downtown South Bend. I stayed to the outskirts at the mall.

I dont remember about the name's origin. :)

The neighborhood was not the best one in South Bend, a guy tried to break our door one time at night. :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom